cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MaineCoast

A Solitary Quit

Hello all!

I am looking for confidants. I have recently quit, 9 days strong.  I have not let anyone in my life know about it yet.  I have tried to quit about a million times before and let everyone in my life know each time.  Then each time I would relapse and immediately feel like a fool around all of those people I had told. I felt like it had gotten to a point where they were all just being kind but not really believing in me.  Who can blame them? My track record is anything but clean.  Please keep in mind, all of my friends and family are non-smokers.  Also, I guarantee if I did tell them they would be overjoyed for me.  This unwillingness to divulge the information is purely my own issue.  Or is it really an issue? I am struggling with this daily.  Thanks for listening ex community.  It’s nice to know you are here. 

Tags (1)
16 Replies
anaussiemom

MaineCoast ,
You do whats right for you. Your way, your terms.  You can decide at anytime how you want  to approach, this wonderful time in your life.   Doesn't seem like an issue to me. 

planting-seeds.jpg

Fuji

I completely understand, as I am there myself.  If you believe in a higher power and can't get on here, maybe you could also try nicotine anon as well.  They have telephone meetings which I am currently going to.

Sootie

You'll tell your family and friends when you are ready......or one of them will discover it for themselves and be so proud of you! I did the same as you.....I just did not want to tell people. And I had a GREAT time watching them no figure it out. Some of the people who were the most adamant non smokers never noticed. They would actually still lecture me or make comments about it thinking I was still smoking. I quit on November 15, 2009. My husband and kids were the first to figure it out at Thanksgiving. I had to finally TELL my coworkers. As I said.....it was kind of a little fun game I played with myself that took my mind off of not smoking.

You have a community here right now ready to listen....so reach out and be in touch. This is a journey and we are on it with you.

Welcome to EX.....we are all here for each other.

Stay Strong

Daniela2016

Welcome to the EX community, and you are welcome to come and blog here as often as you need.  The support of those who've been at the same place you are today is invaluable.  I had quit on my own in the past and did not last too long, 6 months was the most.  I believe it was the power of EX which got me through the most difficult times this time (975 DOF - Days of freedom).  Please learn, read, and absorb as much as you can about the addiction; it will help set your mind in the right direction, and receive the changes in your body with calm and joy.  It will help you change your habits, which is another essential part of this journey.  Your are in the right place.  I have never tried any other kind of support group, but this one, EX, changed my life for the better, Welcome!

Image result for welcome

Kelly16

Hi there!! I am in Maine too!! I am on day 20. Let's support each other!  

MaineCoast

Hi! That’s awesome! Sounds like a plan! I live in Belfast, how about you?

indingrl

Welcome and please blog BEFORE you take one puff over you-it will give US all time to help love you with OUR experience strength hope and then you get to CHOOSE what HELPS you face your NICOTINE addiction and walk in YOUR OWN FREEDOM AS A NON SMOKER-TOGETHER-ONE BREATHE AT A TIME! Yahooo