cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

A Pregnant Pause

Pregnant Smoker.jpg

For all you pregnant smokers out there. Just a little something for you to think about before you light the next cigarette.  (More worried about the effects of jackhammers than smoking on her unborn, uh huh.)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
polly2

Oy...scary...Yet another example of how smoking twists and turns in our minds to make us totally irrational...
0 Kudos
Giulia

According to www.snopes.com this is not a joke, it's the real deal.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

0 Kudos
Giulia

If I didn't know better I'd think you were makin' up a list of excuses to go back to smoking!
0 Kudos
Giulia

My mother smoked too and I was born 5 weeks ahead of schedule. Had to be in an incubator and she never got to breast feed me, which she wanted to do. A wee thang I was. But I've sure made up for it. HA!
0 Kudos
carlie

Hey Ladies...Just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in here..... I cut back on my smoking when I was pregnant with my daughter....she was full term, but a nice little 6 pounds 2 ounces; and 19 inches long. Oh, I went through the ear infections, respiratory problems...today she's a bitty 5' 2"..and "fragile".....

With my son, I quit smoking, oddly enough, 2 months before I conceived...never smoked at all while I was pregnant. He was 3 weeks overdue...I drank castor oil to induce labor, cuz my OB/GYN wanted to wait another week - and that was NOT going to happen as far as I was concerned !!!!

My son was 9 pounds 14 ounces....22 inches long...and healthy as a moose !!!
0 Kudos
charon2

That's funny that you bring up the chemical addition thing. My husband's great-grandmother GREW her own tobacco in the back yard, which is what she smoked her whole life. She lived til her nineties, and eventually it was alzheimer's that took her life. Of course the tobacco companies added all the chemicals to make cigs even more addictive. Why do they not care that these chemicals happen to be ones like cyanide and arsenic??? WHO CARES!! People are even more addicted than ever before! BLAH!! SHAME on the tobacco companies!!
0 Kudos
carlie

It's MONEY...runs our country; our government, and our lives......and kills our people !!!! (And people around the world !!!)

MONEY !!!!
0 Kudos
becky16

It is money and they have no right to do what they do, but to be honest they wouldn't make any money, if we didn't buy. We are responsible for our own actions, just as they are for theirs. We've known for a long time what cigarettes do to our bodies and we ignored the statistics.
0 Kudos