cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

7 Weeks Stay at Home

Another Good Morning to you all. Today is my 7th week home; 7 weeks without seeing Mom, 7 weeks since my business was closed and 7 weeks that all of us had our lives turned upside down.  I'm hoping everyone is coping with this mess and continuing on the wonderful journey of NOPE.  Hard as it may be I'm surprised that I haven't heard from the Nico-Demon urging me to smoke.  If I'm not smoking now I never will again.  I passed the test.

So what's new.  Not a thing.  I rarely venture out because so many people refuse to wear a mask and ignore so many of the guidelines; especially distancing and that pisses me off to no end. Common Sense went out the window.  I go to my salon twice a week to check on things and it's sad to see an empty salon.  Our Governor began to reopen most of Florida but 3 counties, Palm Beach, Broward and Dade did not make the Phase 1 list. I'm in Palm Beach county.  I do not see my salon opening for another month and yet I continue to pay my landlord rent and pay my bills.  I had to swallow my pride and start a go-fund-me page on Facebook and some clients and friends donated.  Don't get me started on the government who have done so little for small businesses. They truly let us down.

My days are Long.  I walk the dog, watch TV and take walks or a bike ride. 7 days a week.  Like the rest of you I'm Over it all and want my life back.  I want to see Mom and I want, I want, I want...….  Other than that, it could be a lot worse and for so many it is.  Healthcare workers are exhausted and at their breaking point and my heart goes out to them.  Prayer helps. 

Love ya all

53 Replies
elvan

Barbscloud‌ I did finish watching it and I LOVED it.  I am really thinking hard about the return to work and I will absolutely get an okay from my doc..

SuzyQ411

I'm happy you will be able to talk with your pulmonary doc about all this elvan‌ and, as much as I know you' want to go back to work, your physical safety and health are of prime import. I'm going to send you a PM/email regarding how my granddaughter makes money from home ( A legitimate and lucrative job).

SimplySheri

I'll tell you some good things.  My 17 year old son refuses to go out to socialize because he doesn't want me to get the virus.  He says it doesn't matter if it 'may not be bad' and it doesn't matter if he loses friends, he wants to keep me safe.  And while the cases in our town keep rising, we are also making sure that people can pay their rent and have groceries.  Lots of caring people here.

I recently went to a Black Lives Matter March.  People wore masks.  People gave others masks.  It was peaceful and nice and felt right.  

Florida is horrible right now overall.  But I've seen people with very little still give to others.  After a deputy saw a woman sit outside her husband's nursing home window, people donated so every nursing home patient could have a tablet to face time their loved ones.  Small thing, I know, but done with great love.

My 17 year old still gets upset when people don't social distance.  My 75 year old mother stays pretty much to herself and that makes me sad.  People are still dying and that makes me sadder.  But I hold on to the love because without it, what's the point?

Not trying to be Polly Sunshine.  Just my take on a hugely horrible situation for the whole world.

minihorses

Please take what helps and leave the rest. I wish people where we live could respect each other and were more considerate.  I don't say where I live usually but I feel I need to here so I'm in central NC within an hour of Duke University and University of Chapel Hill.  We live in the country but husband works not too far away from UNC.  Here the protesters have rioted, vandalized government and personal property, torn down monuments that I agree should be removed completely, just not toppled so close to fellow protesters. They're calling for police departments to be completely shut down but 3 months ago there were complaints that there wasn't enough presence to deter crime, and now there have been multiple protesters shot and killed with many more that haven't died from the gunshots but were severely injured, and there have been multiple incidents of people plowing into protesters with their cars.  So much senseless injury and death to people that are trying to show support for this movement.  I would be protesting right along with them with my mask on practicing social distancing if it weren't for the violence.  I believe that most people are good folks and it's just a few bad apples to ruin the barrel. It's those people that have a complete disregard for others that boggles my mind.  I pray that God's love will prevail and that overdue reforms will be swift with policy changes, accountability, and that stiffer justice be served.  This is what the state I live in is experiencing and I hope the rest of the country has peaceful times and allow businesses to slowly open safely, protest civilly and support each other without compromising the health and well being of others.  Please, this is just my opinion based on what's going on in my area and my state.  Stay Safe Everyone!

SimplySheri

I've been watching the news around the country and in your part of the US as well.  It's heartbreaking.  I wasn't in any way trying to dismiss your concerns.  And I don't mind your rant.  What I was trying to do fell flat and that's ok.  I get what you're saying.  I understand the state of the nation.  And I am praying that things get better.

minihorses

It's all good Dancingthrulife_6.4.13 Blog It just sickens me that we are in a pandemic and that at a time when people are already hurting from the virus situation that is making businesses like Ralph1955's wait to open slowly.  On top of that is the social uprising that has made opening more businesses wait because there are people that are throwing public caution to the wind. Like he said that he has to continue to pay the bills or lose the salon.  Common sense has gone out the window but so has common decency.  Anger begets anger, violence begets violence and stupidity begets self-important stupidity.  I'm praying for Ralph1955 that the salon he worked so hard for will be able to open and begin to generate at least some income.  

SuzyQ411

You are so right minihorses‌ :  "there's no back-sies once things start to reopen". Even though my area has only a few cases, I'mstill  sitting back and seeing what happens before I even consider returning to my "old life." After all, it only takkes one person to infect or be infected...However, so many people here are saying that being told to wear masks is an invasion of thei rights to choose; it's so scary to me and actually angers me. Where is their common sense? Yes, masks and social distancing whenever out in public. And, go out only when necessary. Plain and simple, I'd say...

0 Kudos
Barb102

Hey Barb what is - I know this much is true?  Is it a good movie?  Need something to breakup the boredom 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

It's a mini-series on HBO.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I watched this on PBS last night.  It was excellent.

Gloria: A Life | About the film | Great Performances | PBS   (Life of Gloria Steinem)