cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bree19

7 Days to quitting - and unsure if I can do it

I'm unsure if I will be able to really quit and I'm also unsure I'm typing my msg in the right place?

Not at all computer literate when in comes to social media so maybe no one will see this?

I need to be in touch with anyone willing to support me in my new challenge of quitting next week.

I started my cigarette tracking this morning and also began My Quit Plan - don't even know if I did that right!

Well, in case anyone reads this:

I'm Brenda or Bree

Pretoria South Africa

Smoker for 4 decades

Gave up once in 2014 and lasted  smoke free for 5 weeks but then my mom died 

At that time I was with a support group called Stay Quit from the UK, but cannot find them online now so am really holding high hopes for support from people on this site.

Quit date 20 Feb

I'm finding this site a bit confusing but that might just be my general idiocy.  Even Facebook is beyond me - but I keep trying.  I  can like, share and comment on other people's messages.  I've yet to understand walls, timelines, uploading, downloading or attaching pics.  (See?  pics!  I know something else!)  Instagram and twitting...haven't even tried!

Please someone, find me and help me quit - and tell me if this msg should have been written somewhere else.

I admire every one of you I've read about.

Caio

B

Tags (1)
61 Replies
TerrieQuit

I am so sorry Bree19Huge congratulations on 17 days! Yes, you are fabulous! So sorry to hear about your Uncle, WTG on staying quit. I am proud of you!  ~Terrie~

susan_m

Bree, I am so sorry about your uncle.  As I have read through these replies and your original message this morning, I am struck by just how far you have come, and I am (as always) awed by the love and support given by the people here.  Congratulations on your hard won 17 days.  Don't let anything take them from you - you have quite the quit going, girl!  And, let me just say for someone who didn't know if she was posting correctly a month ago, you have a strong online presence here!  I think that is key to a successful quit... it definitely is for me!

Congratulations and keep up the good GREAT work!

Daniela2016

You've come a long way, congratulations!  I am so sorry for your loss, but so proud of you for understanding that no challenge in life is being conquered easier with a cigarette!  Good for you for not smoking, and I am amazed at your beautiful attitude through the recovery!  It is going to make your quit go fast, and easy!  Keep smiling, and telling yourself all the beautiful things you are now, it working for you!

elvan

Bree19‌ So sorry about your uncle.  At least he does not have to be in poor health any more.  Glad you are getting stronger in your quit.

Best, Ellen

Redsoxnut

Did u do it??? I hope so! If not, join me! I'm on day 4 & each day it's gotten a tiny bit easier!  

0 Kudos
Bree19

Hi!  

I absolutely did it even though I had to move my quit date a couple of times.  Smoke-free now since 27 Feb and on day 18 of my quit.  SO glad week 1 has come and gone - that was unpleasant, to say the least - but now so worth it.  You are on day 3 now, right?  It passes, I promise.  Keep busy and believe in yourself.  Cheering for you!  

Bree

Redsoxnut

Now day 5. Very anxious. But not giving in!

Sent from my iPhone

susan_m

It's going to ease up - seriously, it will.  Stay strong and control your quit!  Congratulations on day 5!!

Bree19

Sorry.   I see now you're on day 4.  Excellent!

Bree, I hope you bookmark this! It's a reminder of just how far you've come already! And it will get Better and Better! We have another saying N.E.F. Never Ever Forget and here's the story /blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2015/07/16/why-i-never-ever-forget?sr=search&searchId=22a98b4c-5251-4d0b...‌. So yes although it's been 7 Years for me I remember every single Day crystal clear! On March 14 (Sunday) I was diagnosed with COPD. I immediately started looking up smoking cessation online and joined several sites for smoking cessation. On March 16 (my son's birthday) I joined here. A dear friend of mine guided me through the navigation process. I didn't even know what facebook was! Truth! I smoked 2 puffs at a time to addictively make my Sickerettes last longer! My Quit Date was the first Day of Spring - March 20 -

and the rest is history!

My first blog /blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2010/04/05/reading-is-fundamental?sr=search&searchId=245aaa16-586a-46c3-...‌ April 10! I lurked for over 3 Weeks!