cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

katherineu

56 DAYS SMOKE FREE

So I have made it two months without a cigarette and this past Sunday and today I have had serious urges to smoke.  I don't understand this because I thought I was past that sense or urgency of needing a cigarette.  The nicotine is out of my system, I quit cold turkey so what is this all about?  I have had some stressful situations, depression and anxiety but that is all normal and you know I smoked to smoked, I didn't have any reason I was a dang smoker for 20 plus years.  

I need prayers and help right now, I don't think I will break down and buy a pack of cigarettes, I have no intentions of doing so, I Just need to ride through this day and I can't ignore the weight gain anymore, I am disgusted at myself for packing on at least 10 pounds in two months, its a constant reminder when I'm wearing jeans and shorts that are too tight.  I'm in a cranky mood today as well.

Best of EXThe Ex Café  Sun 02.19.2017@

14 Replies
katherineu

I'm still smoke free, I'm dealing with much right now but I have smoked.  NOPE!

0 Kudos
elvan

I am glad you are still smoke free, the more time you put between smoking and not smoking, the stronger your commitment will become. NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
elvan

You CAN do this, you have come so far and no one wants to repeat day one.  Thinking of you, sending hugs.

0 Kudos
torino4004

Keep up the good its really hard I dont smoke that much but still its hard. I am going to start chantix soon to finally get rid of this monkey