cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kellybeth

5 Weeks today..

I have been smoke free for 5 weeks today. I wasn't sure I could do it but I did! 5 weeks is a long time and I'm so proud of myself. The other night I had a dream I was smoking and I decided I wasn't going to tell you guys. LOL. But everyday seems a tiny bit easier then the day before.

I just want to tell the newly quit smokers that are in the first few days that it does get better. It does get easier. Little by little I am getting myself back.

Have you ever seen that commercial that says that cigarettes are bullies? Well they are. I will not be told when to walk away from my child or a good tv show just to smoke. I am in control now NOT my addiction. At times it is still hard and I'm sure it will be for a while but I got this.

My Husband started taking Chantix. He only took it for about 3 weeks then stopped. During that 3 weeks he made no attempt to not smoke. Do I still live with a smoker. I still dump the ashtray and see his cigarettes and lighters on the counter. But I know now that I can have a thought of wanting to smoke and just let that thought pass.

I GOT THIS!!!

30 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hi, Kelly, You are doing great! It is hard to live with a smoker and stay quit but possible, I am doing it, too! Congratulations on 5 weeks that's fantastic!  ~Terrie 111days~ Don't Quit on your Quit!

c2q

Way to go, Kellybeth‌. 5 weeks is huge. It's amazing the insight you have already. YOU are in control, not your addiction. I hope the smoker you live with finds a way to get his smoking behavior out of your shared space. 

This probably applies to where we live as well...

smoking section.jpg

freeneasy

Congrats and great job with your quit!

Daniela2016

Congratulations to you, way to go!

Yess

You are so impressive Kellybeth!  I relate to you being at 5 weeks and it feels awesome but living with a smoker and keeping quit is monumental.  I am humbled and my hat is off to you all that battle living with a smoker and sticking with your quit; I don't know that I could do that. Pamela

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Kellybeth Hey, just wanted to see how are you doing? and tell you to have a great smoke-free day!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
Kellybeth

I haven't been around for a little bit. But I have thought about you guys. I still have not smoked. 7 weeks today. 49 days. I have saved my lungs from 991 cigarettes. That's crazy.

As far as my husband smoking, he has made no attempt to stop smoking in the house. I feel like he is being very disrespectful of my quit. He hasn't asked me about how I am doing or felling. I told him many times to please not smoke in the house but yet he continues to. Friday night he smoked half of a cigarette and left the rest in the ash tray un smoked. I did see it that morning as I was going about my business. Then when he woke up, at noon by the way, he actually accused me of smoking the first half of it because he didn't remember doing it the night before. I told him no way that I didn't do it and he just looked at me with a half smile and said "OK" I still don't think he believed me. He has mentioned this before and called me a "closet smoker" I have not smoked for 7 weeks today and I feel like he thinks Im lying about it. I also still find it to be a struggle being around the smoking. We went out as a family and I had to wait in the car with my daughter so he could finish his cigarette.

I'm sorry. I was just going to give an update on how I was doing and it turned out differently. Poor me I suppose.

0 Kudos
elvan

Kellybeth‌ Your husband is being unnecessarily inconsiderate....not that there is ever a reason to be inconsiderate.  He is, in my opinion, CLEARLY trying to undermine your quit.  Apparently he is jealous...sorry but the word coward keeps coming to mind.  I never smoked in my house and neither did anyone else.  I do not think I would have taken it very well if they had...oh, and if I saw half a cigarette sitting in an ashtray, I would have watered it down and thrown it away, then again, I would do that with cigarettes left laying around.  Here I am trying to destroy your marriage, sorry.

Congratulations on 49 days of freedom, that is a HUGE number, tomorrow, you should be named on the Freedom Train for 50 days and you will get lots of congratulations.  Please stay true to yourself and don't let your husband undermine your quit.  Put away the money you would have spent on cigarettes and as you see it stacking up along with your days, plan for something for you and your daughter to celebrate.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Wooly Bully

0 Kudos