cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kellybeth

5 Weeks today..

I have been smoke free for 5 weeks today. I wasn't sure I could do it but I did! 5 weeks is a long time and I'm so proud of myself. The other night I had a dream I was smoking and I decided I wasn't going to tell you guys. LOL. But everyday seems a tiny bit easier then the day before.

I just want to tell the newly quit smokers that are in the first few days that it does get better. It does get easier. Little by little I am getting myself back.

Have you ever seen that commercial that says that cigarettes are bullies? Well they are. I will not be told when to walk away from my child or a good tv show just to smoke. I am in control now NOT my addiction. At times it is still hard and I'm sure it will be for a while but I got this.

My Husband started taking Chantix. He only took it for about 3 weeks then stopped. During that 3 weeks he made no attempt to not smoke. Do I still live with a smoker. I still dump the ashtray and see his cigarettes and lighters on the counter. But I know now that I can have a thought of wanting to smoke and just let that thought pass.

I GOT THIS!!!

30 Replies

YAY!

Strudel

Way to go on letting the thought pass - that is all it is - a thought. You do indeed have this! Congrats! 

shashort

Congratulations to you on 5 weeks smoke free. Keep it going! Remember NOPE!!!

elvan

Congratulations on five FABULOUS WEEKS!  So happy for you, so proud of you...you are on a great journey, my friend.

Ellen

bonniebee

I used to think I would never make it living with a smoker but I did and I do !!!! I made up my mind and made a commitment to myself Yes it is possible !  NOPE ! 

Congratulations Kellybeth !!!

quit  smoking funny.jpgYour blog made me think of this one for you !!!!!       

Kellybeth

I love it!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sounds like you "got this" indeed.  Despite the smoker in your house. Is it possible to have him smoke outside or in his own "room?"  Or for him to empty his own ashtrays and keep his smoking things hidden?  No, I'm guessing probably not.  But - hey, get a big container, dump all those nasty spent buts in there and leave them in HIS area of your space together.  Does he have a truck or a car?  That might be  good place to leave the container.  Just a passing thought......

Kellybeth

Those are all good ideas. Smoking is only allowed in the laundry room of the house but I can still smell it.

elvan

The laundry room is a place I suspect you have to go...hey, the weather is going to improve and there is a big outdoors.  Do you have a porch?  How about a lean to...doesn't take a lot of space.   I would NOT be happy if my laundry smelled like smoke.

TerrieQuit

My smoker smokes outside, but his smelly belongings are inside and I always have him gargle and wash his beard. Well, he just know to now! haha!