cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Beck37

4 days quit and can't remember why?

Smoker for 37 years.... obviously the decision to quit was not made lightly. Along with everything else in my life I had my quit date planned out. Am at my moms house for the holidays. Figured not only would it be the bestest Christmas present for her but everyone always pigs out for the holidays so if I gained weight it would be expected! 

I am 4 days in now and my mind/body kind of feels like a kaleidoscope inside! I am doing this cold turkey cause of course that's how I do things.  Was a HUGE drinker but walked away from that 14 years ago and never looked back. Knew this was going to be the toughest thing I ever did, but don't know if what I am experiencing is normal. I am actually in a pretty good mood. My head feels kind of cloudy and my heart feels like it's going to pound out of my chest. My body aches and I'm trying to remember why I wanted to quit cause is smoking really that bad?????

20 Replies
ShellCecil

COPD.. LUNG CANCER.. EMPHAZEMA

BREATHING TREATMENT.. RADIATION.. CHEMO,.. and ultimately DEATH

.   YES!  Cigarettes are That bad!  Keep ur head up and go back to your RECOVERY program and remember.. it's just for yoday!  And .. this too shall pass 

Praying for you my friend!