cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

M0mma

364 days

Jump to solution

364. Today is 364. That is the number of days it has been since I quit smoking. 364.

364. After decades as a smoker, I was sure I’d quit being a quitter at day 5, at day 7, day 11 was tough. Then again at each day after that for another 55 days. Then the days broke up a little, my jaw relaxed it’s clench, my mindset started to forget it was crazy super hard to quit. Day 100 arrived and I cried or fought back tears at times throughout the day. I was in a triple digit quit. Celebrating - We went to dinner and I ate a full rack of ribs. Delicious!

364. Somewhere along the way, I had to start looking up how many days since my quit date. I no longer counted the hours, the number of times I skipped smoking, the days since the last. I had reminders from my support group, from Mark.  I surprised myself.

364. I still want to take a deeper breath when I smell someone else smoking, instead I hold my breath a bit as I pass, for my own good. It’s still tough, at times. I’ve had dreams of smoking and having an open soft pack of Marlboro reds in my pocket, palming my lighter.

364. I will probably cry, for my own reasons, tomorrow. I stayed away from quitting my quit last week. I admit and yet refuse to admit that I miss my habit.

364. I quit for all the right reasons. I quit being abused by that habit. I quit being exhausted by that habit. I quit letting that habit own me. It took several steps, small steps. It took years of planning, envisioning and planning. It took lots of self love. I quit for me. I’ll make every effort to stay a quitter… for me.

364. I post and hope somehow it helps you.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MarilynH

A super CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey @M0mma YAY for 364 glorious DOF  ~ Days Of Freedom ~ YAY for each and every Day WON! YAY for your splendiferous entrance into the awesome 6% Club YAY for your 1 Stupendous  year milestone YAY for Freedom! Thank you for sharing this post quitting smoking is one heck of an addiction to kick BUT it's absolutely Doable and totally worth it to be Free! Congrats again on your precious quit journey.....

e56b9b38ea255288af2625b673507862.gif

View solution in original post

Barbscloud

@M0mma Congrats on 1 year smoke free tomorrow.  I remember how much that milestone meant to me.  I hope you plan on celebrating yourself with something special.   Glad you stopped by to share this major accomplishment in your journey and to motivate your fellow quitters.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Barb

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarilynH

A super CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey @M0mma YAY for 364 glorious DOF  ~ Days Of Freedom ~ YAY for each and every Day WON! YAY for your splendiferous entrance into the awesome 6% Club YAY for your 1 Stupendous  year milestone YAY for Freedom! Thank you for sharing this post quitting smoking is one heck of an addiction to kick BUT it's absolutely Doable and totally worth it to be Free! Congrats again on your precious quit journey.....

e56b9b38ea255288af2625b673507862.gif

Barbscloud

@M0mma Congrats on 1 year smoke free tomorrow.  I remember how much that milestone meant to me.  I hope you plan on celebrating yourself with something special.   Glad you stopped by to share this major accomplishment in your journey and to motivate your fellow quitters.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Barb

M0mma

Congrats Barb!  It’s a huge milestone!  I’m treasuring today!  I’m so glad you know what I’m feeling!  Hard, but worth it!

M0mma

Thank you!  I appreciate all of those adjectives!  And … I needed to share as much as I needed to hear from someone, someone just like you!!!

0 Kudos