cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kim67

36 hours...

So its been 36 hours. The first 24 weren't so bad. But today, thats a different story. Since I got up this morning its all I can think about. It doesn't matter what I do. If I stop thinking about having a smoke for even 5 seconds then my body goes "ahh i'm not thinking about having a cigarette" and that makes me think about smoking. I'm literally sitting on the couch crying because I don't want to smoke but my brain wants me to. It's killing me.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
maverick

Hang in there girl....think about sunshine, beaches, the stars at night, the sound of falling rain on the roof, anything that you really like or makes you feel really good.
0 Kudos
iastatestud

Kim,

I understand the pain of the first three days and just understand that you can make it! As hard as it is, there are so many great benefits to quitting. You must know that everyone around you loves and cares for you so much and just lean on them for support. Just know they'll be there for you and you're going to make it if you really want to. Please stay strong Kim!
0 Kudos
katerina

Hey Kim, I was just wondering are you using any help, like the patch or Chantix??? I'm using the patch and its done wonders for me!!! I see your picture and was thinking if you've just recently had a baby and maybe you are breastfeeding and cannot use any of those? I don't know, just thinking... If that's the case, have you discussed with your doctor if you can use any of them? Please be strong, we are here for you.
0 Kudos
icanquit

U CAN DO IT!
0 Kudos