cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

3 weeks no cigarette

Has anyone had tightness of chest as well as little pain in chest that feels like muscle spasms but not constant just every once in a while been happening for 2 days.?

Tags (1)
16 Replies
sweetplt

We are not medical people, please contact your Doctor and tell him/her your symptoms and let them decide what you should do next...please be safe then sorry Zak1314  Colleen 511 DOF 

Zak1314

Just think I'm overthinking and having anxiety over this not smoking.  It feels that way when my mind tells me I need a cigarette. 

Maki

It's very hard to comment on anything that might be medically related especially in the season we are in in the world . 

I myself had none of what you speak, I had tightness when I smoked , I have tightness if I have asthma , or copd flares . Each persons medical history is different , so like sweetpit I also suggest if you are having concerns medically please speak with your family physician . They know you best and your medical history best . Tell them your previous  smoking history as well as your quit history along with all the symptoms as well . I am sure they will be happy you quit smoking , l know we are . 

Be safe , be healthy , be health wise. Take care of you. 

Barbscloud

Some quitters do have chest pains when quitting.  I didn't.  And, anxiety can also cause tightness and muscle spasms in the chest.   As the others have stated, if it continues and your concerned, please contact your physician.  Better safe then sorry.

Take care.

Barb

Zak1314

Thank you so much barb.  I will definitely have a looked at  if it gets worse but like I said it's not constant . And I can breath . 

AnnetteMM

I did, and I called it lung pain. There's actually a lot blogs about that here, so it must be pretty common.

YoungAtHeart

Have you done anything  to help relieve the anxiety you are experiencing?  If not - DO!  Anxiety is a normal withdrawal symptom - and this sounds like anxiety to me.   You should reduce the amount of caffeine, too.  It has a greater effect when you quit smoking. I highly recommend that you get out for a walk, or march in place or get some form of exercise that appeals to you.  Even this breathing exercise might help:

giphy.gif

If none of this helps, then a call to your doctor is definitely in order..

You are really doing great - even if it doesn't feel like it right now!

Nancy

Zak1314

Thank you so much I am trying my hardest to not want a cigarette.. I appreciate all of you for the encouraging words and help you guys are giving me during this quit .. I really really really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart ..

indingrl

3 weeks FREEDOM from NICOTINE - GOOD JOB - yahooooooo.