cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

14bubbamom

2nd day

Today is my second day of quitting and it…is…hard!!!  I keep thinking about sneaking just one cigarette but the time it takes me to figure it out the craving passes😂😂😂!!  I’m just gonna keep on keeping on as the old saying goes!

Robynne

Labels (1)
6 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @14bubbamom you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb its not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths you've got this. Congratulations on being on your second day of your precious quit journey, tonight will be another Day WON with many more to come stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can....

0 Kudos
JohnRPolito

baby-steps-yes-you-can.png

Hoping you stayed the course and are still with us @14bubbamom ,  Remember, there's only one path home and it's behind and through thousands of old memories of a puff quickly yet briefly quieting an urge.  Collectively, the tease of those thousands of old replenishment memories will block and hide the way out.  Truth is, defiance is the only way to silence them.  

The good news is that with each passing day beyond peak withdrawal (3 days)  their tease slowly diminishes, fizzles and fades.  The bad news is that every now and then you may feel their remaining punch.  While not always easy, strive to embrace your healing and recovery as it's good and wonderful not bad.   

We're with you in spirit and there was always only one rule.   An addiction as real and permanent as alcoholism, once free we remain on lifetime probation.  For us, one puff will always be too many, while thousands won't be enough.  Yes, just one rule.  Just one challenge and day at a time to Never Take Another Puff!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,

John (Gold x23

John R Polito
I am a contributor to WhyQuit and am willing to assist with those interested in Cold Turkey quitting. I am posting of my own accord with permission from WhyQuit.
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex! Yep, craves will come and go for a few days. Keep moving forward!

Screenshot_20220917-090107.jpg

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@14bubbamom Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your second day. Did you identify some crave busters in preparation for your quit.  There's lots of things you can do--go for a walk, drink cold water, I liked chewing on straw and sour patch kids.  

This link is a great place to start to learn about nicotine addiction, identifying trigger, creating new associations instead of smoking, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you, so reach out anytime we can help.

Barb

0 Kudos
14bubbamom

Barb:

Yes, I did prepare an action plan and am using many, if not all of them and it really helps. God is my best one yet tho!  Day 3 today and as John pointed out this day may be the apex of my cravings and they'll start to diminish.  One day at a time, one step at a time and all the help and support I can get.

Thank you all!!!

Robynne

biscuit9

God helped me, as well.  Quit Day 45 and I couldn't have done this without Him.  He gave me strength, and I took his hand.  Read everything you can about nicotine addiction.  Do a COPD search and read about how dangerous COPD is.  Distract, bite a lemon, read some suggestions on this site, but don't take a puff.  

0 Kudos