cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Let's go - 2nd day

I still have a cold and that may be helping me not smoke. I never get colds. Ever. This one has been with me for about a week and I'm ready for it to go. 

No smoking. N.O.P.T. - not one puff today, sorta like ever, but I'm getting there. 

I'm going to have a cup of coffee and walk the yard. I need to move today. 

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Congrats on Day Won!

I never get colds, either.  I used to think it was because the cigarette smoke killed all the germs (and what does that say that I was willing to inhale that stuff, anyway!)

(Knock on wood) I haven't had one in the 5 years since I quit, either.  Might have more to say about hand washing.  I do that every time I come in the house after being out anywhere......................

Hope you feel better.  Moving is ALWAYS an answer!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Good job - keep moving!

maryfreecig

No smoking. N.O.P.T. - not one puff today, sorta like ever, but I'm getting there.

Humor is good!

Sounds Good Except For The Miserable Part. I know there have been some whose cold got them off to a good start.

Mortalzeus

N.O.P.T. works for me.  Hey that rhymes  

Going to add it to my repertoire for sure, thank you for sharing and get well soon!

Darren

DonnaMarie

I walked a mile today. Whoo hoo! That was my first goal. Now I'm having pumpkin ice cream sandwich and getting ready to go to my niece's 50th birthday party (no smoking!). Ahchoo.

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

OMG! They make pumpkin ice cream sandwiches? I have got to get me one  

Darren

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

They do and they're pretty amazing. My husband eats regular sammiches and I eat the pumpkin. More for me. Muhahahaha!

2017_10_01_sammy.jpg

0 Kudos
elvan

So sorry about the cold...remember that some people (I was one of them) do well with their quits when they don't feel well and then when they DO...the real challenge starts.  I could convince myself of how important my quit was when I was sick...as soon as I felt better, I would go into denial mode and convince myself that it didn't make any difference if I smoked.

0 Kudos