cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

curt2

2day is the Day

My quit date is June 28th...but i wanted to join in with you all since my date is at the end of the Month. I will need the support. This will be my 5th time trying 2 quit. I gotta get it right this time. Not much 2 say as of now...still have guilt & shame........wish me luck.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
kimmie

Keep positive and Good Luck! I will be quitting in the next two weeks.
0 Kudos
curt2

Thanks Rachel.....i plan to check it everyday...it's day 2 and i would love a smoke...but i would hate 2 also...it's a love , hate relationship...lol........but i'm holding on and will be reporting day 2 of being smoke free. Good Luck 2 u also.......later
0 Kudos
angel6

Curt,

Best of luck to you. I have tried to quit countless times myself. This will be my 2nd attempt since May. I think we all stand a much better chance this time. I don't know about anyone else, but this is the first time I have had any kind of support system. This site is going to be my savior in the coming weeks. Great Job on your Day 2 success, and good luck! Hang in there! : )
0 Kudos
curt2

Thanks...yep...this is the only real support i have recieved also. i'm on day 3.....but i plan 2 get through it. Good luck .... Angel....we can do this!
0 Kudos
nicole32

I am making July 1st my first day being smoke free! This is probably my 4th attempt since about may. I have quit for 3 weeks with no help...then went back..then went on the chantix..then got off it and went back on and quit for 2 weeks....and then went back. Now I just bought my first pack in two months three days ago. What is making it hard is the pressure I am putting on my self to find a new job...however, health is most important and thats my top priority right now. I was losing focus on my job and everything else in life trying to quit... Now I am ready to take it head on and do it this time! I am with you guys!
0 Kudos
shereen

curt, i've smoked for over 30 years and quit who knows how many times. it's hard!!! remember your past successes in life and what it took for you to accomplish those. apply that same philosophy to quitting smoking. you can do it! positive energy to you on your continued success!!
0 Kudos
curt2

Hang in there Nicole...sounds like you can beat this. One thing that is helping me is to listen to my Body....it always says now...and not listen to my head which says smoke (just because that's what i usually do).............allow you body to win the argument.....i don't take my own advice sometimes but i'm working harder at it.......Good Luck..look like we are all in this thing 2gether.........later
0 Kudos
curt2

Thanks shereen........i'm still hanging in there..........i'm on day 4now....holding on strong.
0 Kudos
shereen

how are you doing today? still hangin in?
0 Kudos