cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

juliag

2013 Quitters

I didn't quit on the 1st but I hope I'm still welcome!  Today is my Day 1.  So far, so good.  I've had a number of cravings but have been able to get through them. The hardest time so far was getting off of work and not lighting up when I got to my car.  That used to be the closer, and way to wind down, after my work day.

I'm using the lozenges as a quitting aid. It's hard to say if they are helping or not.  I'll stick with them though.  Congrats on your quit!  We can do this!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
114 Replies
msterling999

Hey MRSVCOMBS - Nice to here from you, I wish you much success. Today is day 8 and I am psyched! I have been trying to increase my understanding of how to quit with this web site, the whyquit web site and Allen Carr's book. Good luck and keep writing! - Maggie

0 Kudos
mrsvcombs

Hi everyone.  My quit date is fast approaching and I am so looking forward to becoming an ex-smoker.  I have been reading quite a few of your posts and I am encouraged that I will finally quit smoking cigarettes.  Thanks for your support.  I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

0 Kudos
m-nica

Mi fecha de abandonar al cigarrillo es el 10 de febrero!! La fecha se acerca, almas amigas queridas me brindan su apoyo! Me encanta y me ayuda muchísimo leer todo lo que ustedes, leajnos compañeros de ruta, escriben. Gracias por estar allï

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

good evening to all.......wish a smoke free evening,   as well as a quit plan in motion, for all this weekend.........recovery from  our addiction is a journey, not a one time event........do not be afraid of the journey...........it is a journey of health, and happiness..........the journey  travels all differnet ways...  but it is allways positive as long as we do not put back into our body a super toxin......we will experience the most amazing period of self discovery ever...............what a nice gift to ourselves.................jim ohio.

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

to all have a great day......spring is around the corner......lets all be ex-smokers in the spring....jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

happy valentines day to all,     have a great smoke free day.................jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

just giving a shout out for a smoke free saturday........oxygen rich blood flowing........the best fuel for our lungs.........i hate to say this...................but smoking is just too much work..................it is so much easier and less of a pain not to smoke,, than to smoke............maybe i am just to lazy to smoke.......lol..........dumb joke..........everyone have great day...........monday we can look back and say...................me the smoking macine....did not smoke all of the weekend........again..................pinch me......ok slap me......ok....ok...ok.........this is not a dream........this is normal life...........why do children and teens cough when beginning to smoke.......their body is telling them...get this toxin out of my body...............why do we continue to cough now.......nicotine burned all the celia away.........what...........unbelievable the power of a chemical.................any how........... have a great weekend.................see all  next week,,,,by the way...spring is around the corner............i will be ready...............will u..........every year for a couple of years wanted to be smoke free in the spring and in my old top shape................guess what this year....i got the jump on it....i am ready.........jim   ohio

0 Kudos
mrsvcombs

Hello everyone.  I have to say, so far, so good.  My quit day was February 17, 2013.  I am determined to not smoke anymore.  I have been reviewing my reasons for quitting (my grandchildren, health, money wasted, etc.) and I am happy to say, I have had no cigarettes.  I do have the urge to smoke because my husband smokes but, I continue to find things to do besides smoke.  The weekends are harder than the work-week because I am home all day, however, I want to spend quality time with my family and that is important to me...more important than smoking. 

I will update everyone again on my progress.  Wishing you all much success in your journey to quit.   

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT SMOKE FREE WEEKEND......JIM OHIO

0 Kudos
louannquitter

mrsvcombs----

my quit date is February 10. I have smoked since age 14 and now am 32. I think it's great that you are ready to quit smoking. It's not easy, but it's worth it. Honestly, I expected it to be a short lived nightmare. I'd never tried to quit before and I'd heard all of the horror stories.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  The 3rd and 4th day were the worst for me. Since then, it seems to just get easier and easier.  Keep trying..let me know how it's going.

0 Kudos