cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

juliag

2013 Quitters

I didn't quit on the 1st but I hope I'm still welcome!  Today is my Day 1.  So far, so good.  I've had a number of cravings but have been able to get through them. The hardest time so far was getting off of work and not lighting up when I got to my car.  That used to be the closer, and way to wind down, after my work day.

I'm using the lozenges as a quitting aid. It's hard to say if they are helping or not.  I'll stick with them though.  Congrats on your quit!  We can do this!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
114 Replies
5thtime2

Working on day 6.  Woke up to my usual morning craving again.  Trying to give myself a to do list for the day to avoid my cravings. Sinuses are still clogged and my brain fog still hanging in there at a close second to my withdrawal symptoms lol.  I don't know if maybe I was allergic to something in the air and the cigarettes kept it at bay or is this just part of the detox process my body is going thru?  I was constipated till the fifth day then it seemed everything came out at once....think 'tar baby'.  Think I have a sore throat too.  Since this is my fifth time 'quitting' I realized how terrible my breathing was.  I can feel my lungs filling to capacity without wheezing or coughing.  Awesome!   I tried the patches the first four times and found out I was allergic to em so I bit the bullet and decided to go cold turkey this time around and my fiancé tried the patches.  We are in it to win this time with no hiccups or obstacles to keep us from our goal!   

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

HELLO,  HAPPY SMOKE-FREE DAY TO ALL....ANOTHER DAY OF BODY HEALING AND BEING FREE FROM OUR ADDICTION....JIM

0 Kudos
dnh255

Into  day 20 and it is getting easier, I am not constantly thinking about having a cigarette, still have one trigger that has been a battle but I have stayed strong through it and will keep battleing.

Good luck to everyone today and stay strong we can do it.

0 Kudos
baba-kris

I'm a real newbie!  After having smoked for 4o years, 1 to 2 packs a day my body knows the time has come!  It's taken about 2 weeks but I think I've gotten my mind to start thinking along the same lines!  Joining  this group is a step further than I have taken in a long time!  I've given myself a quit date of March 4th, but am actually hoping I can beat this sooner than that!  I have 2 precious grandsons that I will be looking after the last week of Feb, and wanted to avoid any mood swings, etc. while they are in my care.  Because I will have to leave the house to have a smoke, I'm thinking they will provide me with the reasons not to go out for one!  My biggest concern is that 1st smoke in The morning. If someone can offer some solutions to get through that rough spot it would be greatly appreciated!!  I don't have an over abundance of family or friends that will be supportive, so that's another hurdle I'll have to battle with.  Hubby has no,faith in me!  Guess I've tried and failed too many times!!  Most others thinks its as easy as just not doing it.  Kind of like deciding not to white bread!!  I've got my tracker set up and a few other small strategies in place, so wish me well!!

0 Kudos
cinfelts

New to this. Like other's I have tried to quit over what seems like a 1,000 times. It's time. I have two beautiful grandchildren that I want to see grow up.

I babysit my 16 month old grandson and he see's me take a smoke and go outside. I have two grown daughters, one started smoking 3 years ago, the other never will.

I am heartbroken that she smokes. It's my fault, and I feel guilt. I have used everything on the market. Funny how I don't drink, do drugs (per say) but can't put these dang smokes down.

No one believes me anymore that I am going to quit and I have no faith in myself.

I need to do this. My biggest fear is that when I do quit, then something bad will happen. My lungs, cancer etc.

😞

0 Kudos
jooch

Love all the posts.   Thanks everyone for being so honest.  I'm on Day 11.  The morning craving has gotten so much better.  I can drive without going insane.  The fog in my head is much better.  Boy, that first week was tough.  I felt like Sybil and could not focus.

I'm in it to win it and to stay quit in 2013!!!!!!  : )

0 Kudos
greek2

My wife & myself have been smoke free for 6days. We are going to whip this addiction with everyones help.

0 Kudos
m-nica

Hola!!  hoy elegí el día 9 de febrero para dejar de fumar. Lo lograré? He intentado muchas veces. La primera vez  que dejé de fumar fue cuando esperaba mi primer hijo que hoy ya tiene 32 años. Dejé el cigarrillo durante diez años y recaí en el vicio.Hoy intento abandonar el cigarrillo porque mi hijo me lo pide. Gracias lindas personas por estar aquí. Mónica

0 Kudos
missy68

Feb. 14th is my quit date ❤️

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

good luck to everyone today...............one day at a time........do not be afraid of ur new founf freedom   jim ohio

0 Kudos