cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

flutterbyee

2012 Quitters

Hi my name is Laurie and my quit date in 9/1/12. I quit last month but only lasted 8 days. My thoughts are obsessed with smoking and Im trying to prepare myself better this time. I know its a personal decision but I really really need support.

Im there for all of you too!

Laurie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
72 Replies
sherri34

hello everyone 

just looking for a place to be and to have one that I can not physical assault . Lol ... my husband is very supportive but since my quit day yesterday i can hear him breath and chew his food and even though Im sure he did these things before ... they are really making me crazy . I dont want to smell like a nasty cig but dont wanna end up on the Wives with knives show either .I hope Im not the only crabby one 

0 Kudos

Hey gang.  Today is Quit Day 1 and my first attempt in 6 years.  I'm  feeling a bit foggy but the thing I keep running in to is 'forgetting' I quit.  In other words, I will finish doing something and think to myself, "Ok I'm going to grab a smoke."  Oh wait...

Otherwise I"m staying busy  and familiarizing myself with the site.  Lots of great information on here it's almost overwhelming.   

0 Kudos
sharlene

Hi. I have been a smoker for 35 years! I quit once for a few months about three years ago but...here I am again trying to quit. I have been preparing to quit for a few weeks and have cut my smoking in half but feel like I am going to need a ton of support through the next step. My quit date is November 12.

0 Kudos
icandothis11

oh, i don't want to be a butt head..have a quit date nov.17 have already cut way back on the little devil's

0 Kudos
sue47

set my quit date for monday november 19. i have quit before but only for a few months, after a stressful situtation i started again. now i am determined to try again and suceed this time, but i need all the help and support i can get. thanks

0 Kudos
sundance

Smoked, at different levels, for 50 years:{

Day 12 for me and I am starting to feel a little different.

Don't want to start again, day 3 was the worst!

Not feeling like a ball of fire yet.

0 Kudos
smurfet

Day 6 for me. Sherri you crack me up!!! Im doing the same thing, just listening to my husband sleep last night was making me nutso!!!! No your not the only one. Ive been craving SILENCE!!!!

Anger comes like waves for me for no reason, and last night Im pretty sure I picked a fight on purpose to just get it out! Im still digging, reading trying to find out what I can do to help with that, Ill let ya know! LOL

0 Kudos
cynthiascat3

I picked a quit date in between the holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas cuz the holidays can be stressful for me. Best Wishes to all smoker's trying/desiring to quit. We can do this! Add some yrs. to our lives! Be healthier, richer & happier! You go guyz & girls! We Can Do This Together!

0 Kudos
stopsmoke2

I have quit many times just relapsed was feeling good. But I have set my date on Dec 4 2012. Just had a surgery in late Sept Need to get busy and quit them before they quit me.

0 Kudos
hkcroy

In addition to quitting smoking, I am learning how to post to a message board.  Am I doing this right?   No idea.  SO I will say I am set my quit date for Dec 7, take way too long to track my cig/day, and don't really know what I am doing.   But I need a fresh way of life.

0 Kudos