cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kimba60

15 hours without a cigarette

I am so proud of myself for taking this journey to finally quit smoking cigarettes.  This is not my first time trying, it is my fifth.  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Most of my family and friends do not believe me when I told them yesterday that I was quitting for good.  Please keep me encouraged to stay on the straight and narrow!

20 Replies
elvan

Congratulations on your quit...please do all of the recommended reading and keep in mind that your best weapons against this addiction are education and support.  You need to bring commitment and you have a fail safe recipe for success.  We have all been where you are and we all want you to succeed.  Stay close to the site, you will get more encouragement than you can imagine.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

Sandi4

Kimba60

Congratulations and Welcome!  We're so glad you're here.

indingrl

welcome and good personal choice to be nicotine free-one breathe at a time-TOGETHER WE CAN STAY QUIT! Yahoo!

Kimba60

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Lauralives

Congratulations!!  We all believe in you!!  Laura

mrios5776

Good luck! One second, One minute, One hour, One day, One week, One month, One year at a time! And if you get Knocked off, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over. It is o.k. to fail, it makes success that much sweeter! I should know I have quit multiple times over many many years. What it has taught me is I can never take another drag off a cigarette again! It has taken me a long time to learn that. Again Good Luck!

elvan

mrios5776‌ That's what NOPE, Not One Puff Ever, is about.  We CANNOT take a puff or we are right back at the beginning. Day one is NO FUN.

0 Kudos
mrios5776

NOPE, I will have to remember that. Thanks Elvan

Giulia

Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Community‌  mrios5776 There are a lot of good abbreviations that you can plug into and chant for a day.  Also perhaps grab a saying, write it out on a sticky note and contemplate/meditate upon it for a day:  Quick Quips

anaussiemom

smiley_face.jpg

0 Kudos