cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

ladymullet

chantix and welbutrin

This is my story and I an sticking to it!! I started taking Chantix on June 1, 2008, by June 9 I had quit smoking. YEA!!!!! I continued taking Chantix for about a month and then quit. In Aug my Dr put me on Welbutrin for mild, very mild, depression. In November, I gave in, what a dummy, and after a day or two, I started taking Chantix again, to quit. Well, after taking it for about 3 weeks, there was nothing, no effect on me at all. So, I am thinking that the Welbutrin is the culprit, but according to all of the EXPERTS, there is no interaction between the two. So now I don't know what to think. I am going to start on Chantix again today, and hope for the best. Has anyone had this problem the second time around, maybe I have built an immunity to Chantix and it will just take longer to work????? Any advice.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
christine2007

No, I haven't heard of anything like that but I would ask your Pharmacist "and" go to the Chantix official website and see if you can talk to their live support 800 or 866 number. Did you use their online "Get Quit" support site during your first try? I did and found it really helpful.

I quit over 450 days ago by using Chantix and I'll forever be grateful because I LOVE BEING QUIT!!! =D Good luck to you!
0 Kudos