cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

MichelleDiane

What's your experience after the 7mg patch?

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some feedback from people who have used the patch.  Tomorrow will be my last day on 7mg (the lowest step).  What was your experience like?  Thanks in advance.

-Michelle

Labels (1)
51 Replies
prjimm01

I did the full course of patches and felt no difference when I quit using them.  I suspect they are as much of a mental aid as a physical one.  Congrats on your quit!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks jimmie-a-littrell.  I agree with you.  I am happy I won't have that adhesive stuck to my arms

TW517

How is it going today?

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks for the follow-up tw5152017.  I am doing better than I was this morning.  I have been engaged at work and I just took a nice walk on my lunch break.  I know that quitting smoking is not about will power.  Rather, it is about changing "stinkin thinkin".  I've been doing that and am finding that I can work through thoughts easier.  I plan on making this 71 days WON.  Make it a great one.

-Michelle

elvan

MichelleDiane‌ You are doing GREAT, I am so proud of you!  I did not use patches or any other NRT but I certainly don't have anything against them.  I just got so sick that I quit and about a week or so afterwards when someone suggested patches, I was like, WHY?  The nicotine is out of my system, why would I want to put it back in?  No answer.  Keep stacking those days!

MichelleDiane

Thanks Ellen.  I figure by tonight at 8 I will be 24 hours without nicotine.  Have had some rough spots today, but I've been so busy at work.  I have two more clients and then it's home to eat dinner and go to sleep

0 Kudos
jbollweg

Hi Dear....I used the patch & gum but now (last few days no patch & gum only when I have a craving) I figure anything is better then the real thing but sooner or later its time to fly.  lol > Jeanne B

elvan

jbollweg You CAN fly...JonesCarpeDiem‌ stopped using the patch when he realized he forgot to put it on for a couple of days BUT, he carried one in his wallet, just in case he needed it, that is the best story about patches.  I LOVE it! 

Ellen

Well, I don't actually remember if I even considered using the program. I listened to my body, not someone telling me I HAD TO USE IT FOR SO LONG TO BE SUCCESSFUL.  I bought the patch knowing nothing and I went from using the 21mg patch to NOTHING when I forgot those two days in a row. 

I'm just not a believer in something because everyone else says so.

The rate at which people who use NRT's and those who don't go back to smoking is the same at 6 months, so, doing the whole program and thinking that is going to guarantee success is a fallacy.

elvan

I didn't use anything but I didn't really have much of a chance...I didn't realize those figures about NRT and no NRT and six months...I DO know that nothing guarantees success except for the person quitting.