cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

sylvie

Surprise and desapointment ...need input from long time user of chantix

Hello everyone!
OK no bid deal, and i will make this quick : last saturday, i had real urges, often, it surprise me, and really wasn't happy about it, could not understand what whas going on....until dinner time I realise I had forgotten to take my pill in the morning.....
I am so dissapointed to realise how dependant I am on that pill....(i take only one per day for the past 2 weeks, I am on my 43rd day of being smoke free)
So....is this what i have to look foward to? I am trying really hard not to focus on the future, but take it a day at the time.....I am wondering if because in the pill, you don't feel as much the craving.....its like those "demons craving", where just waiting to manifest themselves....as soon as the chantix effect was gone......
no what i mean?
Anyway....I am very positive person, soooooo, i will talk to myself, lol anyway there is no way i will smoke again.....no excuses whatsoever.....
I would appreciate comments on ex chantix people.
thanks alot for taking the time to respond!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
angeliah75

Im on Chantix now..... im a newbie though....only day 8 of the pill, and my FIRST day of not smoking. The cravings wernt that bad...the only thing ive noticed is that i sleep ALOT since i started taking them. Have you experienced that?
0 Kudos
kerry

I had all symptoms of a stroke, it turned out to be migraines caused by the Chantix. There are also lawsuits against Chantix that are ongoing. Just want you to have all the information you can on it.
0 Kudos
cindy16

I have been having wierd feeling around my right eye. Feels like the muiscle will ntotmove right. I have bad alleries and sinuses right now. Kiund like it wants ot stick but doesnt. You do not think that is from the chantix? I go to the doctor today. When I close my eyes feels like the area under and toop of my eye feel wierd. Like a pressure. How did you quit? I have had pressure headaches but like I said I'm sick too.
Cindy
0 Kudos