cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Kalit1978

Quitting extreme vaping

My vaping has gotten out of control,  I  started out 1-2 packs a week to 3/day now. I vape from morning till night and I need to stop this insanity. I use Vuse Solo and they have a very high nicotine concentration (4.8%) and I feel use that using so much and at this concentration is significantly different from someone using less. I would  love to know what people like me used and did to stop.I have some questions and are as follows:

1-How do I start in a way that gives me the chance of quitting?
2- what products worked best to stop?

I am also disabled and currently bed bound and in a ton of pain so these things definitely contribute significantly to my vaping (went from 1-2 packs/day 1 1/2 years ago to 3-4/day now). Not being able to leave my bed, being bored out of my mind, plus also being in pain and stressed all make it so much harder to quit,: with that said I cannot continue to vape and need to stop. My quit date is set to 6/1/21 and any and all help would be much welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!

Kali

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @Kalit1978 No matter how we get our nicotine, it's still a nicotine addiction.  If you do a search for vaping you will find other vapers here.   It has to be harder to quit when you can vape anytime.   Start of by reading material on this site  Education yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Understanding this addiction is the beginning of the journey.  Your quit plan includes the tool you'll use and the new associations your create instead of vaping.

I'm sorry your bedridden.   That can make quitting more of a challenge, but not impossible.  What will you do instead of vaping?   Deep breathing, music, video games, puzzles, etc.  What interests you?   

And we're here to support you.  You can reach out anytime you need support or want to share your experience  What is you actual quit date?  It say 6/1/21.   

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Kalit1978   Have you given quitting some more thought?   We're here to help.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kalit1978 

Are you using medications or NRTs currently to help you quit?

Sorry to hear you're bed bound. Who is supplying the vaping supplies if you cannot get them yourself?

Please think about what @Barbscloud has posted and get back to us.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Carol6

@Kalit1978 Hi. Sorry to hear that you are bedridden.  I can't imagine what that is like.  Did you see that announcement about Chantix? If you didn't go look for it on the home page. Don't take it or ask for something else from your doctor.  Best of l uck.

Carol

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos