cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

BobbiBillard

Question: When is it ok to quit the Chantix?

I started taking Chantix a little over a month and a half ago. What I would like to know is how soon can you quit taking the Chantix? I have been smoke free for a little over a month and I quit taking the pills completely. I'm not having any cravings for cigarettes. Am I in the clear now?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BobbiBillard

Miriam... I wasn't aware what the doctor's recommendations were, hence the reason for the question. My doctor didn't give me a set in stone date of how long to take it. That is why I asked.
0 Kudos
miriam3

Bobbi, Chantix offers a wonderful support program called "get quit". Please sign on you will be glad you did. It also offers an extensive FAQ on Chantix contraindications, treatment and side effects. membership is good for a year and its part of the prescription package. Good luck and keep it up. It really works. ( Let me know if you found the web site)
0 Kudos
rosa

Definately ask your doctor. If you quit and you have not been taking the pills, then you're there. Just keep your quit strong using some of the distraction ideas on this website.
0 Kudos