cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

laura9

New to Become an Ex and past user of Chantix

I started Chantix a few months ago, and I guess I wasn't ready. It didn't work. So I ceased taking the medication. I am now going to try it again, with new tools (Become an Ex) etc. Anyone have any success with it? Or did you try something else?

I am new to discussion boards, period. This is my first. Any insight is appreciated.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
barbara42

THAT WILL BE GREAT! WE WILL WIN THIS WAR
0 Kudos
barbara42

LAURA,I have been taking CHANTIX for a month and have not smoked in eight days.I have not taken any CHANTIX for two days because it made me sick on my stomach,had headaches and to tell you the truth, I thought that it would cure all and I would not have any problems. It is not a cure all and I still have to fight craves,but it is getting easier.the CHANTIX did what it is supposed to do, the rest is up to me. good luck, I know that you can do it
0 Kudos
laura9

Thank you, Barbara, for your information and your encouragement. I will keep you posted, if that's okay!
0 Kudos
tami

Hey Laura~
I have been taken chantix since May 24th along with a 14mg patch. It has made a big difference taking the two combined, however, I had went to the nicotine dependence center and that is what they put me on. I was on chantix two other times, the first time I went 3 mos figured I had beat it went off and started smoking again, the second time I was on it I got really depressed big time started smoking went off, third time the saying three times a charm I have been smoke free since May 27th at 10:30 pm 2008, I have made it through some really really stressful times and did/nt even have a craving which surprised me. Thhis time round since smoking my last cigarette has been so different. I'ts weird I have never felt like this before, I know I want to see my grandchildren graduate from high school in about 18 years, have a granddaughter on the way in 3 weeks, I guess in plain words I'm NOT ready to die yet! And I think that might be what keeps me going also! I wish you the best and feel free to contact me if you like. GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
0 Kudos
laura9

Thank you so much for your words!! I have a niece coming, my first--so I kinda relate to your granddaughter comment. I want to live without sneaking away for a cigarette, and be a good influence. I like your information and suggestions.....I will check out the patch with Chantix (which I will be resuming next week, officially).

I will keep in touch. THANKS!
0 Kudos
matt-antinoro

Thanks!
Good luck! I'll be starting the Chantix as soon as the freakin' doctor calls me back. I'm thinking of adding an anti-anxiety (Zanex - I heard good things - grin) to see of that helps.

When's your new quit date?
0 Kudos
matt-antinoro

Barbara and Laura;

I've made one Chantix attempt, starting another today or tomorrow (depending on how soon I can get the prescription) - Never heard of combining the patch and Chantix, though. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of taking Chantix?

I LOVE the reasons you both give for wanting to quit - Here's mine....

Matt
0 Kudos
laura9

Oh, my...aren't they precious!!!

I like your point about the patch. Something to consider. I am starting Chantix again next week.
0 Kudos
tami

I will be thinking of you, remember you can do it!
0 Kudos