cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

laura9

New to Become an Ex and past user of Chantix

I started Chantix a few months ago, and I guess I wasn't ready. It didn't work. So I ceased taking the medication. I am now going to try it again, with new tools (Become an Ex) etc. Anyone have any success with it? Or did you try something else?

I am new to discussion boards, period. This is my first. Any insight is appreciated.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
tami

Matt~
They are so cute! Chantix and the patch does wonders really!
0 Kudos
tami

Matt~ Why don't you see about using a nicotine patch along with the chantix. It really does the body good and the tension. The reason I say that is because I have been going through the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center and that is what my counselor put me on. As of today I am 6 weeks smoke free! Have you heard of Mayo Clinic the Rochester, MN area?
0 Kudos
matt-antinoro

Tami;

I might just try that - My only concern is that it seems that one sorta cancels out the other, no? If the Chantix mocks nicotine so your receptors THINK they're getting nicotine, and then you add more nicotine to the mix, what does that do?

I'm debating using an anti-anxiety like Zanex to reduce the stress while I'm starting my first completely smoke-free week (the 22nd). has anyone had any luck with that?
0 Kudos