cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

cindy16

Morning pill

Hi, The morning pill really makes me sick. I'm totally fine with the evening. No sickness, no dreams nothing.. If I take half the amount in the morning I'm good. Full pill makes me sick. Do you think I can take half and then an hour later the other half. I'm afraid not to take needed dose.Today is my 8th day on chantix.Have not quit yet. Most people who have taken and quit sccessfully that I know quit on the 12th day. seemed like thaey had enough in their system. The cigarettes do not taste good. Yesterday I had 4 cigarettes.
Thanks, Cindy
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jennifer20

Hi! I had a really hard time with the morning pill as well. I wound up completely cutting that pill out because I got to the point where I was ready to just stop taking chantix completely because of the nausea. I didn't have any problems with the night time pill either, but I think that was because I took is shortly before going to bed.

I think taking 1/2 and then waiting 1/2 hour or an hour might be okay, but, you should definitely check with your doctor first. Some pills just aren't designed to be broken and could effect they way they disolve in your stomach and the way the medicine gets into your system.
0 Kudos
sylvie

Hi, i had the same problem untill i ate before, and some serious eating: a smoothie with at least a banana in it, and yogurt and milk. blend all that, also drink water and i would also add a peanut butter toast!
never had a problem since. I really think they should put in on the box "take pill after eating"
good luck to you!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Thanks. I will ask the pharmacist. they usually are good at advice. I picked Oct 12th as my day. Really the cravings are very much gone now. Just slight cravings now. 4 cigs a day.
Cindy
0 Kudos