cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

liz19

Hello fellow Chantix-ers!!!

Well, it's been about 40 days since my last smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stopped taking Chantix almost 2 weeks ago. I feel pretty good. I don't have the vivid dreams that I had. That first couple of days off the Chantix, they were a bitch. Seriously. I'd say that was as close to a relapse as I've had so far. So - Chantix users!!! Beware of the first week or so off Chantix. I hadn't ever planned to do the full 3 months anyway, but I stopped early (way earlier than I thought I would!!) because I had an allergic reaction to some lotion, and ended up on steriods. I didn't think that Chantix plus steriods would be a good thing. So, by the time I started to feel better from the hives, I realized I hadn't taken my Chantix for a while, and why start back?? So - that's when I realized that I was moody, everything everyone did was wrong. wrong. wrong. When I put two plus two together - I realized that I was overly touchy because of that. So. I wanted to pass that knowledge on to everyone. !! I feel great though - and am still proud of my accomplishment. WOOHOO!!

I have been quit for 1 Month, 6 Days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 9 seconds (37 days). I have saved $151.03 by not smoking 829 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 21 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/5/2008 8:30 PM
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
barb7

Thanks April for the reminder. After I posted Saturday night I made my mind up to not sneak anymore. So have now gone two real days without any nicotine.
Had a very bad moment at work got ticked at my boss and really wanted to go out and smoke however in my mind I said to myself if I am angry at her why would I want to hurt myself.

I signed up at Chantix and it felt good to say that `I haven not smoked in two days.

Thanks again and congratulations on your 160 smoke free days.

Barb
0 Kudos
donna22

I'm going to try sifting baking soda tomorrow, I was a little concerned about sifting flour but that's been cleared up.....I never smoked in my house but I swear it smells, I think because I smoked on the patio with the door open or in the garage which I know smells....Thanks for the tip
Donna
0 Kudos
janie5

April....sorry didn't see this posting. Thanks for the information on the calculator. A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on 160 days smoke free!

Today is 26 days for me. I've been off the CHANTIX for 5 days and feel much better. I experienced what I call agitation....but feeling fine now. Still have thoughts run through my head quickly about smoking but a friend told me they still do after 20 years....LOL
QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
Good luck to all CHANTIX-ERS just starting and those that have been successful and are now SMOKE-FREE.
0 Kudos