cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

maria9

Give it time.

I've been on Chantix twice, first time I was smoke free for 8 months and I relapsed. Now is my second time and I have to say that if it wasn't for this medication I would still be smoking. You have to follow the directions and give yourself at least 2 weeks to stop smoking, it took me 3 weeks. As far as the side effects, yes I had them, in fact I'm still having the dreams, no big deal, the nausia passed after about 1 week. I'll be 6 weeks clean on Thurs., it works, just give it a shot.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
chris-vincent

I have been on chantix for a month now but I am still smoking. I was smoking almost two packs per day starting 1st thing after waking up. I am down to just a few and never in the morring. My husband still smokes and that makes it hard. Any advice?
0 Kudos
maria9

Ok if you're down to only a few a day try to start seperating them more and more and you'll find that you can do it. As for your husband, I would tell him not to bring any cig, in the house, it's too tempting, at least for me it was because it's too early. Also don't buy any for yourself after you finish what you have, if I bought them I smoked them. Let me know how it goes. Hang in there, it will get better.
0 Kudos
chris-vincent

Thanks for your input. Havent smoked today at all and its almost 4 pm. It will get hard when I get home, my husband dosnt smoke in the house but we spend alot of time on our porch and that is where he smokes. Iam going to try real hard not to smoke tonight but for sure tomorrow will be my quit date. 8 is my favorite number and tomarrow is 80808. So its a day I will never forget.
0 Kudos
maria9

Hang in there you can do this. You'll surprise yourself as the days go by and they start adding up.
0 Kudos
birdygal

Ask you husband to smoke outside and not in front of you.. Having someone around that smokes is a tease. I have been smoke free for almost 15 months no one smokes in my home I only ocassionally see people smoke however even after 1 yr by having someone around Kids came for a visit they smoked I almost caved in. I saw a ciggarette in an ashtray on our porch and everytime I looked at it I wanted to light it up. You need the support of your family in order to fight this addiction
0 Kudos