cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

HelpNSupport

First day smoke free so far!

I am weening off the Wellbutrin.    Did not like it at all.      Today so far I have not smoked at all.     Last cig was last night.    Hope I can do this without meds.      Can’t deal with  all the side effects.      I have been  reading the Allen Carr book.     It’s a really good book. 

Wish me luck   16 hours smoke free so far!

Labels (1)
18 Replies

You'll be okay.

Don't fight yourself.

Think of this as doing something you've always wanted to do.

Laugh every time you think of smoking

Stick your head in the freezer and count backwards from 20.

Bite into a lemon, skin and all.

Say "I don't do that anymore."

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

There is not luck involved in being successful at quitting smoking!  You make up your mind, and honor that decision not to smoke NO MATTER WHAT!

Congratulations on 16 hours.  Pretty soon you can celebrate Day WON!

Then - repeat again tomorrow!

You CAN do this; you really can!

Nancy

0 Kudos
HelpNSupport

Thank You!

HelpNSupport

Thank You Nancy!

0 Kudos
Giulia

You CAN do this without meds.  Many of us have.  Like me!   If you wrote this 16 hours ago, it's now been 24 hrs.  KUDOS  Keep going!

0 Kudos
shashort

Congratulations on 16 hours, probably more like 24 hours and kicked day 1 butt.  Keep telling yourself NOPE (not one puff ever)  When you get a thought say NOPE and carry on.  We are hear if you start struggling. Make sure you come hear and blog before smoking. Tell yourself you can do this.  Keep blogging and let us know how it is going.  Merry Christmas.

0 Kudos
beazel

You can do this!! Stay close, post often and read, read, read, education about this addiction will make a huge difference in your mindset.

0 Kudos
Roj

Have faith, you’ve got this...I smoked for 46 years and quit cold turkey AFTER finding out I have COPD...please don’t wit that long for a forever quit...16 hours down, you got this...

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your first day smoke free.  Happy Holidays

Barb

0 Kudos