cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kim30

Easy Way Users

I noticed this group at the very end of the list and I think we need to bring it to the forefront. This book is the best thing that happened to me and my quit. If you are serious about becoming an ex, I highly suggest it.

I have completed 9 days already, and except for a few little whispers from the nicotine monster, I have found it to be extremely easy. Not to mention, I don't want to kill anybody (hubby is very lucky). I FEEL AWESOME!! I have no desire to stuff my face instead of smoke, and have in fact, lost 2 lbs in the past week. The walking certainly helps.

Anyway, just wanted to post my two cents on this group, in hopes that others that have quit using this method will post theirs. It's a shame for this book not to be known to everyone serious about quitting.

Best of luck to all.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
88 Replies
teresa15

Hi Maggie, I don't know how fast the others in the group read the book. I read it in just two days. Carr warns in the book that people who put the book down, sometimes will not get back to finishing it. Maybe they don't want to because they realize they don't want to quit, or just don't make it a priority. I have a friend that never finished it, and she is still smoking. I advise make it a priority. The quicker the better, quitting is really painless with Carr's book. I must have been totally brainwashed into quitting, and that's a great thing. Hope it helps you as much as it did me.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hey I was just wondering?????? Where's Don (the person who started the group) and why hasn't he ever written on this site?
0 Kudos
kim30

Maggie, I finished the book in 2 days also. Started it Friday afternoon, smoked my LAST cancerstick Saturday morning (at 6:25 a.m.), finished the book Saturday night. I totally agree with Teresa, make it a priority. Just sit down and let it soak in. There are definitely subtle little messages that soak into your psyche, but who cares when the end result is so awesome!
0 Kudos
beth22

I'm just getting ready to order 3 more copies from Barnes and Noble. Wonder if there's anywhere I can get this book in bulk for cheaper????? ha.
  I guess everyone can see how much I believe in this book!!!!
zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Funny Picture Comments & Graphics
0 Kudos
maggie-baird

I ordered my book from amazon.com. I startedd reading mine today. Right now I'm starting chapter 7. Wish me luck!!
  Maggie
0 Kudos
kim30

Best of luck to you Maggie, you'll be FREE in no time!
0 Kudos
larry13

I got this book-on-tape, and listened to it on my iPod at the gym. It truly saved my life. His claims were true. It doesn't take will power to quit, and not only was it easy to quit, but it was enjoyable. Now that I see smoking for what it really is (drug addiction and not habit), I'll never fall into that trap again. My life is so much better now. New city, new girlfriend, and a new lease on life. It's been almost 3 months since my final cigarette, and I'm thankful to be free from the trap. Thank you, Allen. R.I.P.
0 Kudos
kim30

Hi Larry, thanks for joining the group and leaving your message. I didn't think about getting the book on tape (have a few friends who say "but I don't read"), now they will have no excuse!

It sounds as though your life is on the right track and I applaud you for that! Great Job!
0 Kudos
beth22

Good luck Maggie Baird, but I know you are going to have a whole new mind set on smoking by the time you finish reading the book....it sure made all the difference in the world for me!
  Hey Larry! good to have you here with us. Did you say the book was on tape? as in cassette tape?....gee, I wonder if we still have a player around here. I think I could get my husband to listen to the tapes.
  But what about CDs? Then I could get it on my itouch....is that what you did?
  Oh, and you said "R.I.P. Allen".....did Allen die?????
0 Kudos
kim30

Yes Beth, sadly Allen has passed on. He died in November 2006. He had squamous cell carcinoma. I would have loved to have been able to thank him for giving me my freedom back.
0 Kudos