cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dk_

Chantix

I am 3 days free from smoking, but still have cravings all day and night. Maybe not quite as bad as they could be, but I have nausea all day long. Question is: Is it really necessary to keep it up after the 1st month? I know Its recomended by them but is it really that necessary?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
bill-v_

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you're eating. If you still feel bad, try changing when you take them....worst case, lower dose. But please stay on if you can, it REALLY works!

Bill
4 months quit
0 Kudos
miriam3

What do you mean "still" have cravings? Of course you are going to have cravings. Chantix is not a miracle drug. It is medication that curves and eventually eliminates cravings throughout a 12 week process. Whether it is necessary or not, is up to you and how much you really want to quit. Good luck.
0 Kudos
miriam3

Congrats to you. I also tried the cracker during nausea and it is helping. I am on my 11th week and cravings almost GONE. Good luck.
0 Kudos
janie5

HANG IN THERE DEB! I'm on day 5 and still walk outside thinking I'm gonna smoke. YIKES! Haven't touched or been around a cigarette in 6 days. The craving is there but it does pass. I had the nausea one day when I started with the 1 mg pills....didn't take it with food in my stomache. Now eat a bowl of cereal whether i want it or not and chug 8 ounce bottle of water.

This is my first time on CHANTIX....I did quit for 7months in 2006 using the patch for three weeks. The side effects of CHANTIX are by far much easier to cope with. Kind of enjoy the WHACKY DREAMS....people from my past that I've not thought of in years.

Good luck to you!
0 Kudos
miriam3

You have to want to quit no matter what. The nausea will go away. The weird dreams are forgotten after a while but the benefits of being a non-smoker will last forever. I still cannot believe I am doing it. I am smoking in my dreams, is that weird or what? Keep it up you can do it.
0 Kudos
janie5

Melzee.....LMAO Yep...how can I forget the gas! I know I'm older and gas sometimes comes with age but this is UNBELIEVABLE. I have a dog so can blame it on him.

Sorry to hear you are feeling barfy. Guess I've been lucky with my bowl of Total or Cherrios to ward off the nausea. Hope you find a way to ward that side effect off soon.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for WHACKY DREAMS, NO MORE NAUSEA and SMOKE FREE one day at a time for now!
0 Kudos
steve6

Miriam, same thing with me. Although I haven't really had dreams out of the ordinary, (kinda bummed about that) I have been smoking in my dreams, which I don't have any recollection of doing before. I vote weird.
0 Kudos
victoria7

keep talking to yourself, self. you are in control so no cig for you this time..and feel good about your decision, you won you didn't smoke.. it is very hard..I am still fighting after 4 months. still craving, but not as bad now,i still fuss with myself when it hits me, i usually win, but not always chantix gae me a very good start..but after 4 months i felt it wasen't helping me any longer, now i am trying, i have the gum and commit lsng. it is my will power I run short on.. keep going.. victoria
0 Kudos
dk_

Well thanks to you for all the sarcasm MIRIAM VALLADARES. If you cant help me, at least dont reply. but since you seem to have all the answers, Why should I quit after the first week and not wait till week 12 when the cravings are eliminated?
0 Kudos