cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
jim_ohio

to all ..............have a great smoke free day.....enjoy the freedom.....enjoy the oxygen flowing in and around ur body....jim ohio

0 Kudos

I started my Chantix in January.  My quit day was just this past Saturday, Feb. 2nd - so on day five.  I have used Chantix before with some mild side effects and vivid dreams, but never stayed on the full three months - this time I will.  Am on an antidepressant and xanax so not worried about those side effects, in fact I feel incredibly proud of myself as every quit before I have cheated - not this time.  But, I am having a hard time focusing on school work, and I am so tired.  Is this normal when quitting?  Thanks for all of your stories and encouragement.

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

hello, to all tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,,i wish a smoke free weekend for all.............our bodies will thank us come next week..and the spring time.......can't what to suck in that spring air........i have been practicing deep breathes for awhile now..........today i feel i have it licked......springtime,,,,,,bring it on.......

topper 88,   your doing fine,   i am all done with my chantix....i think i took it for    9 weeks total...different dosages....but all done.......i will let all know if i grow horn's    or a extra eye........or maybe  2 more fingers...............lol..................topper just settle in to your recovery from nicotine addiction,,,,,,,,,,,start   relaxing...........i have heard of people tired on chantix  but not enough studies done yet...........you can allways drop ur dose slightly....................try vitamins multi.............success rates for people who eat a lot of fruits and veges is high...............................listen ur body is healing itself,,,,,,,,,,tissues heal.......senses flow................it is going to take about 4 months   plus or minus     for ur body to act normal............................every little cell was controlled by nicotine.....if u like vitamins ,,,,,,i would suggest a multi....take with food.................your body is going to actually work different with fresh oxygen...........ur lungs are on vaction.................enjoy ur new found freedom............enjoy the weekend....monday u can look back and go....yeah....what was so bad about feeling different....like maybe relaxed less stress............take care    jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

hello again,,,,,havn't been on in awhile...so bothering everyone tonight,,,,,,,usually get on 3 times a week........if anyone would like some flavored tooth picks......just drop me a line at my email   with ur address.......if all is cool i can give my facebook   name   to see if all is cool........................i have been making some vanilla, and peppermint ones....i will send 20 in the mail......or if u want recipe......lol...their really is no recipe but any how..........the vanilla and peppermint  are real good..............working on rum,  and a few others....... take care all...........jim ohio

0 Kudos
chrystal

This will be my first attempt to quit smoking with Chantix. I have tried other NRT's in the past but have failed them miserably. I just recently had my second son 6 months ago and I am ashamed to say that I couldn't even quit when I was pregnant with him. (Please don't judge) he is a very healthy baby (Thank God)! I pray this works for me! I am very determined this time to make this quit stick!

0 Kudos
grandpamike

I now am 104 days smoke free. I am doing wonderful. I have had a few urges but nothing I couldn't get past. Today is going to be my first day of not taking chantix. So far I haven't noticed anything different. We will see and I will post and let you know how it goes.

N O P E

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

mike,  i watch ur days as a ex-smoker, just keep getting bigger....truly amazing...u the man....a inspiration to me......thanks so much jim ohio

0 Kudos
jim_ohio

happy valentines day to all.....have a great smoke free day........jim ohio

0 Kudos
karen-lane

hi everyone, just saw this group, i quit with champix, i took them in august for three weeks, i quit in my second week and never smoked again, it has been 171 days, i still get craves and think about it sometimes, but it is easier, i just breath deeply and it goes away, had no side effects, i was very sad, but i know that was due to withdrawal, and i wanted to get off them asap so i wouldn't have any side effects.   

0 Kudos
grandpamike

Goodmorning everyone. I now have 110 days behind me. I had a long weekend so have not been online. I am still doing great without the chantix. I guess you coulld say it did its job. I have not had any sudden urges that were out of the ordinary  Will keep you posted. 

N O P E

0 Kudos