cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
bobbie11

I just used my last Chantix 2 days ago, and I'm doing pretty well.  I didn't have a lot of the side effects others have mentioned, other than the vivid dreams, but the dreams didn't bother me.  I didn't do the recommended Chantix routine, though - instead of smoking for the first week, I smoked for a couple of months while using Chantix.  I'm not recommending doing that, I'm sure it isn't good.  I don't think I would have been able to quit, or to stay quit for almost 3 months, without the Chantix.  To me, it's a life saver.  I'm glad my doc let me stay on it for longer than the recommended time.

0 Kudos
lois2

good to here Bobbie you are smoke free , and off of chantix, i  have been smoke free for 11 days, i can do this we can do this,

0 Kudos
intrigue813

Hey all, I quit last monday afternoon the 17th of Jan 2011. I am on my 3rd week of chantix. It seems to be going well so far except for the dreams and abdominal pain with the early dose. Any helpful ideas to deal with those? Thanks

0 Kudos
lois2

make sure you eat before you take your chantix, drink the water slow, i got where i wait about 15 mins, after i eat than i take it,  chantix is good, i am on my 3rd week to, i hope this helps

0 Kudos
lois2

wow i am on a roll ,

0 Kudos
intrigue813

Well, first day without chantix..... I seem to have lost that "cloudy feeling" that i didn't know was there. At least I wasn't depressed like the warnings though. After 3 weeks on it, I believe the quick start has helped already!! WE'll see tomorrow

0 Kudos
lois2

i am so happy you are doing fine, i will take mine i just have 6 days, i know we will do just fine

0 Kudos
bobbie11

So...I'm a week off Chantix, and I'm actually feeling a bit perkier - don't know if it's coincidence, or related to stopping Chantix.  So far, so good...I've had a few more cravings than when I was taking Chantix, but nothing I can't handle so far, using distraction and all the other tools in my toolbox (and of course, hanging out here).  I haven't smoked today, and I'm planning to not smoke tomorrow - that's all I can ask.

0 Kudos
lois2

bobbie i am glade you are doing good off of the chantix,  lets all stay strong, i am still on chantix,

0 Kudos
brooke11

I used chantix about 3 years ago for about a 3 month period but ended up relapsing.  The vivid dreams continued even though I was off the chantix for a couple years.  I had some chantix left over and decided to quit again with the help of this drug because it does work.  I was on it for about 6 weeks but I had cut the pills in half and did not have the vomiting/sick feeling.  I have been off the Chantix for over a month having had 2 cigerettes since 12/3/10 and totally smoke free since 12/31/10.  Past couple days I have been very depressed, and woke up last night crying.  I am not sure if it is a side effect from the chantix or some of the other issues occurring in my life right now.  I am feeling more myself now.  I have to acknowledge that reason Chantix works is because it is a mind altering drug. 

I just hope 5 years from now that I don't have to listen to the advertisements from law firms who are looking for litagints who used chantix and now want to file a law suit because of permanent side effects.  Personally, I find the vivid dreams entertaining.

0 Kudos