cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kathy62

CHampix Side effects

I've been taking Champix for about a month now and I'm getting no sleep at all. I have been quit for14 days and Im proud of myself but Im a walking zombie! I wake up like 7-10 times per night...sometimes wide awake although tired. I have tons of nightmares and wild dreams. I dont mind the nightmares as much as feeling so exhausted all the time. And I feel nauseaus for like 2 hours after every pill I take.
I dont want to stop taking the meds because they do work, but I cant feel like this for 3 months. Anyone experiencing the same symptoms? How are you dealing with them? I cant sacrifice any sleep as I have 5 month old twin girls and a 7 year old so Im busy busy busy!!!!!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
emily5

You night try taking it earilier in the day, like at dinner time and see if that helps you sleep at all, also, you might try a mild sleep aid like melatonin, which you can get at any drug store. If it's helping, you should try to figure out a way to keep taking it.
0 Kudos
christine2007

I quit using Chantix. I'm quit now for over 300 days. I never had insomnia with Chantix... and did have nausea if I took it on an empty stomach. Once I learned to take it with a meal, no more problems. I had menopause related insomnia for years... so I was worried about having insomnia again, but never did. In fact, I slept better than ever on Chantix.

I know a lot of people who've taken Chantix to quit and have been successful. None of us had nightmares... but we did have beautiful and/or interesting colorful dreams. You may have something else going on... and you may just be an exhausted new mom. Twins!!!!!!!!! Now, there's a good reason not to get a decent night's sleep. Being overtired is a good reason not to be sleeping.

Not sure if you drink caffinated soda or coffees or teas, but I suggest cutting way back on therm. I think you need to check with your doctor, hon. Good luck and keep up the great work.
0 Kudos
gail3

one reason i agreed to do the Chantix was because it isn't supposed to affect major organs or interfere with other medications. so you maybe could take some kind of sleep aid - even a little Benedryl or valerian to help you. one glass of wine wouldn't hurt anything either.
0 Kudos