cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

scott4

Adverse Effects

Does anyone else feel more suseptible to infections immediately after quiting?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
raychel

I know this question is old but thought I would reply anyways..
Yes... the 8 month quit that I ruined, immediately after I seemed to get sick with everything under the sun.

This time am not feeling too great either, but it is probably b/c smoking has killed your immune system to some degree all these years and it is finally gonna start fighting back!
0 Kudos
stacy17

i quit 4 days ago, and for the last 3 days ive had fevers on and off, stuffy head and puking!.. so i'd say yes!! This sux!!
0 Kudos
hwc

Stacy:

The stuffy head and nausea are not from the nicotine withdrawal. You are actually sick with some kind of bug, independent from the nic withdrawal.

I was sick with a bad flu bug while quitting. It's actually what made me quit. It did suck, but it also probably had its advantages. I spent the better part of my first few days curled up under the blankets in bed.
0 Kudos
Sandi4

I had a slight cold on my quit date. My cough was starting to clear up but as more days pass that I don't smoke (10 days today) my coughing seems to have increased and is more productive. My guess is that my lungs are trying to clear themselves but I'm making a doctor's appointment to be on the safe side.
0 Kudos