cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

5 weeks in with Chantix

Today is my 1 month celebration day! It has been a long month but with the Chantix I have been relatively fortunate to NOT have urges that I could not control without being too busy. Does anyone feel it gets harder as you go on?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Thanks Babs: Did you think it helped to cut your dosage in 1/2.....during the week I am okay....but I eat different and having problems with an upset stomach on the weekends.....I am just afraid to give them up thinking I can't handle the urges without it......I've blown it before on other medications.....how are your craivings now that you have stopped the Chantix....do you find them different or harder to fight?
0 Kudos
rosalind

I am so glad to hear how well Chantix worked for you. I just quit today, using Chantix and hope to be as successful as you have been.
0 Kudos
stephanie11

I hope it works well for you also. These past two weeks have been kind of rough though.Yesterday at dinner my son told me his best friends dad had been diagnosed with lung cancer. I feel so bad for him and his dad. It knocked me out of my bad mood (from cravings). It reinforces my reasons for quitting and puts in perspective how prescious life really is. Good luck to you.
0 Kudos
Kimmysue8119

Congratulations to  one month in!   I'm taking Chantix.  I quit on day 8. Smoke free now going into day 3. My brain thought it was day 4 but my last cig was at midnight 8-1-19. It seems be assisting in helping with my urges too.  I'm also leaning in on the support of friends my doctor's and the ex community.  I'm definitely a little physically agitated and feeling emotional waves but determined to overcome the bondage of the nasty habit and addiction. Stay strong and stick with it.

0 Kudos