cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Mandolinrain

Time now to become United

To me this seems like the perfect time to become United.

Coronavirus does not care what color your skin is, what your gender is, what your political preference is, or your ethnic background,...it only wants to destroy you....US. Frankly I hate that democrats, Republicans exist as they do..Those of us in America are Americans and should behave as ONE...not split...but then again...thats my thoughts.

So let's make  and take a stand together. Theres more to this virus than what is being told, call me crazy, I really don't give a hoot. This virus will get worse before it gets better, you can count on that.

DO we need to panic hoarder? No. Prepared for a few weeks, yes. It's not too much to ask.

I'm not totally surprised these days. I have joked along with everyone regarding the folks hoarding TP but in all honesty, its good to find some humor in this situation. 

My thoughts are looking at what I , as an individual , can do to help. Thats where I am putting my focus right now. I am going to order food from restaurants that still do delivery to HELP them. I am going to offer to help babysit little ones, due to schools closing and daycares soon to follow. I am going to run errands for some elderly friends who may need meds or food. I am going to do whatever I can to help someone else. What are you willing to do?

Mostly, I am going to pray. To ask God to watch over my loved ones, my friends and all of you and me as well and to give us direction to behave responsibly and direct our paths.

WHO will join me?

Meanwhile, I am so grateful for this site that we can encourage each other and stay in contact. and share ideas that we can help each other and our country get through this pandemic.

Loads of love to ALL of you. 

~Missy

ADDITIONALLY: With over 3,000 conformed cases of COVID-19 IN USA, and numbers of deaths related.....I think if we ask the families of those who have lost loved ones, they would agree to the precautions now being made. After all, of you're dead...you wont need to go to school or work. IMO,

Yes it is unfortunate and hard of some people, but death....well thats the end. Just my thoughts, take what you need and leave the rest.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I agree.  We are on a "Hello" basis with the neighbors on our street, will chat in our yards about neighborhood goings on or the weather and I am sure if I asked, someone would give me a hand........but............nobody is offering.  Wish I COULD.  My daughter has had me staying in already for the past two weeks and for the foreseeable future.  I am fortunate she is staying here with me (she doesn't want to drive back across the country in this mess and can afford not to).

I am a social person, and this isolation has been uncomfortable, but I am thankful I have a nice big house and huge yard in which to wander around and work, Spring flowers to enjoy, birds (and the most magnificent Coopers Hawk) to admire, and this network here of folks with whom to be in touch.

Difficult times, for sure.  I DO wish we knew more!

Take good care, everyone!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Italy had 368 deaths in 24 hours.

I am in for the duration now. When I got home from grocery I used diluted bleach water to clean everything I brought home and my truck and am keeping our home very disinfected,

Nancy, I am so happy to hear your daughter is with you. I am thankful for our home and woods and am getting ready to take Nico a walk out there this morning.

I have a DIL who is extremely high up at OSU Nursing directors She has kept us informed and this is not going away in the near future as we have not even begun to peak with it it. 

I want to reach out and help more but I can't to the extent I want to. Like Carl ( Cousin-Itt) said, we have a wonderful neighborhood and we are helping each other as needed. It is a blessing for sure and for certain. 

THIS SITE is a blessing. xoxo

indingrl

team work - GOOD JOB Missy