cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

blur

Multiple Addictions

Welcome to life smoke free. Its a bitch at first but gets better. I am 8.5 years sober and clean. Check in often here and other websites some are more busy than this. Stay positive. I went to my first  A.A. meeting a lil over 25 years ago to get the sobriety I got now. If you dont get it the first time keep trying.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
49 Replies
teaspoon

Hey there. I'm clean & sober since Oct. 25th, 2009. Now I have a soking quit date of Feb. 20th, 2010.

0 Kudos
lulo3280

I think that's great and wish you the best of luck!

0 Kudos
parker2

I have one year of sobriety today. I am in the program as well and  I am on day 7 of being smoke free!

I have used used alot of the same tools for smoking. I am also using Welbutrin, Patch and Gum!

my doctor says its OK, as long as I quit smoking!! I just didn't want to do it cold turkey.

I am really happy with the new me and I am willing to go to any length to keep it!!!

Stay strong and focused, use the tools!!!  Make a gratitude list, do whatever you need to do. 

0 Kudos
bobw

Hello,

Just dropping by to say "Hi!"  Joined yesterday and have set up a profile.  I'm an AA approaching 26 years, have managed to cut back pretty drastically on smoking the past couple of years and now hope to go the rest of the way.

0 Kudos
blur

Day 8! WoooHooo! T.G.I.F.  I actually feel pretty good today. Iam weening off the chantix. It wont let me sleep normal. The physical side of it is over. Its time to learn life as a non smoker. One day at a time. Welcome new kids. It does progressively get better. Stay positive.

0 Kudos
gracie6

Hi Denny,

Congratulations on 2 days off the cigarettes and 11 months sober! That is just awesome!

I am brand new to "Become An Ex" (smoker) and joined about 15 minutes ago after seeing their ad for this group on my Yahoo mail page. I am also a member of AA. You're not alone in staying sober and quitting smoking. So glad there are so many posts above. A good thing. 🙂  Just like in AA, we can't do this alone!

In your post you mentioned that quitting the cigarettes is more difficult than getting sober. Yikes! I haven't quit the cigarettes yet, but it's time! Wouldn't the 12 steps help us through this one, too?

Been sober now going on about 20 years. But haven't tried to quit the cigs for probably ten years or so. So, it's time to tackle this one again (the cigarette addiction)!

My very best to you, Denny... and to all of the rest of you who posted in here. Finding this web site has made my day and given my lots of hope that this is possible... thank you all for this gift! And it's so cool, Denny, that you started this forum for us folks who are also in AA (or other recovery process)! I know there are a lot of us out there (addicted and recovering from more than one substance).

May I ask how you chose a quitting date for the cigarettes? And did you, by chance, taper down or just quit cold turkey?

Thank you, Denny, and take good care, Gracie

0 Kudos
slatebob

I just joined this site and I'm glad I found a group of recovering people -- not only from nicotine, but from other addictions as well.  I've been sober for 25 years (with the help of AA).  I'm hoping I can use AA's "one day at a time" philosophy to help me quit smoking.  My quit date is Feb 1 -- I'm ready!

0 Kudos
parker2

Day 11 and stll smoke free!! The gum really seems to help. My short term goal is to make it to day 14.

I have been eating more, I know. I am trying to off set that by working out. It feels great, and to be able to say

I quit smoking is awesome!!  Chew the gum, just quit!! I picked up my 1 year token and I am just at peace.

I am truely grateful for today.

0 Kudos
smp101

Hey fellow club members. quit drinking 17 years ago, finally ready to take on cigarettes. Drugs and drinking were a big change of life, but quitting smoking is just plain hard. 27 days smoke free after 38 years of smoking and I feel great. I am still healthy and feel much younger than I am. So this all seems right. Thanks for all the support on this site. Going to meetings when I quit drinking made it bearable and more understanding, I really value the support and collective wisdom of groups like this.

Thanks all. Let me know if I can help anyone.

Stephen

0 Kudos