cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

bigbear1

What happened to the earlier Discussion Topiics?

Who can just erase postings?  I'm to  far down to fight this to night!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
constanceclum

Hi Bigbear1 I really wanted more participation in this group. depression has caused me to fail at many things I have tried in the past including alcohol and smoking. I feel fairly stable on meds right now but it would help to have support from other people that know what an obstacle depression and especially anxiety can be. Well I hope you are doing ok. Right now I am still cutting way back with cigs waiting for my quit date next Mon.

0 Kudos
Newfound_Joy

Hi Constance,  I think I have shared before with you that I also suffer from depression, anxiety, and PTSD.  I CHOOSE NOT to look at these as obstacles in my quit process, and you CAN too.  There are so many of us who have successfully quit smoking with mental health issues.

The most important lesson I learned to be a QUITTER is that you must CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK.  You have the power to change the thoughts that enter your head.  Keep telling yourself, that you will be successful IN SPITE of these mental health issues.  Don't look at them as "obstacles" because in doing so, you are already setting up a way out for yourself to continue smoking.

This is my opinion.  Take what you like and leave the rest.  My goal is to help you.

0 Kudos
beamer20

Hi bigbear and Constance and all,

Checking in today and to say this adventure sure has it's ups and downs.  I have had many this week and just keep trucking on.  I have had to change so many things about myself to get this far, but it is worth it.  I suffer from depression and anxiety and have found working out daily has been very good for that and also my meds.

0 Kudos
changeling2

had to postpone quit date as i need to learn more about my addiction and frankly i got afraid  what do you do if you are irritable anyway?  does this mean when you quit will you become horribly angry?  i need more preparation.  i want to find the literature to read and i can't find it.  can someone help?  thanks

0 Kudos