cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

j3ffmeadowsgm

Lot of pain tonight

I am trying to get through the night. The only thing that helps is a hot bath. The running water sooths.

I can't use the crisis hotline because I used it last night. Does anybody know a text based crisis hotline I could use besides 741741 HOME ?. I really need someone to talk with.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I have recently heard of a new crisis hotline -  988.  I hope they might be able to help.

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

Thank you for the help you have given.  I'm looking for a text based helpline other than 741741 HOME.  I've used 741741 and they only give support every 48 hours for 45 minutes.

I was reading your response to my dopamine alternatives and re arranging my room. I just got through cleaning my bedroom and I need to move the bed to where this computer is now.

I am just trying to survive the night. I am very sick from smoking. Thank you for responding. God Bless You. 

Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Hang in there and take care.  Please reach out if you need help.

Barb

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud  I registered 99ppm with my carbon monoxide which is almost off the scale. 7ppm is the healthy green. When I don't smoke and get up the next day I register about a 15ppm which isn't too bad. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Please don't give up on your quit.   You know it will help you to feel better.

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

GOOD on the rearranging.  NOW -change up your routines.  If you smoked in your room, get someplace else - outside, or to the library, mall or community center. Find a basketball court and watch the kids/folks play.  Do you have a park or parklike place near you? Go THERE for a bit and take a walk.  Look at the clouds.  Breathe in the clear, clean, crisp air!  Stay busy doing different things in different places. It will help your state of mind AND your cravings.

Hang tough!

Nancy

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

Hi @YoungAtHeart . I'm getting out to classes Monday through Thursday. I need to get to the department of social services. I need to pick up a check and cash it. I have bills to pay. Now I have to walk over to Warren Street each morning for my morning medications. They've taken me off SAM.

I'm going to take a hot bath and try to get some more sleep.

0 Kudos