cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

sawbuckjohn

I have an appointment with a Pulmonologist soon.

Hello Everyone,

I have an appointment with a Pulmonologist soon. My hope is that I can find out exactly what type of COPD I have and optimize my treatment. I don't want him to miss anything. Wait, I'm sure he will be thorough, but I'm so used to my VA Dr. not addressing anything unless I bring it up, that it has kinda forced me into self diagnosis. I want to ask the right questions. I have been keeping a log on my meds, excercise, diet, blood O2, etc. since I quit smoking(coming up on a month), hoping I could spot some pattern. I think I am still suffering from an acute Bronchitus bout that started last Late Nov. I did a battery of anti-biotics and prednazone, but never really got too much better. This was the second year that I got bronchitus, even though I was diagnosed with COPD in 2003(i think) I believe My particular COPD is of the Chronic Bronchitus variety.  

Anyway, any suggestions and/or experiences with Pulmonologists would be well received. Thanks, John

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
sawbuckjohn

Yes, I believe I have had a CT scan at the VA, as well as a Spirometry(Blow test?), and of course chest exrays. I think some of that Info is available to me VIA MYHEALTHYVET, under Blue button, but I haven't tried to extricate any of it yet. My last try at that was a frustrating/fruitless effort. I will call the Pulmonologist Monday and ask them to request those records from the VA. (Isn't it funny how Dr.s' wont allow us to have/look at our own records?) I would like The Pulmonologist to have all of that, even though I'm sure I'm slated to do them again, for comparison purposes. Thanks. John

0 Kudos