cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

jonimarie

Did you get your Flu Shot Yet?

Question asked by Thomas3.20.2010 on Oct 7, 2017

It's that time of year! And this is a Great time to review when you had your last pneumonia shot! Since it's only every 5 Years it's easier to forget! These vaccinations save lives but even more important they make your Quality of Daily Living so much better! I don't mean to harp (too much) but it's very important!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
37 Replies
jonimarie

I am still on the 1yr pnuemonia. Next yr when 65 I get the higher does fFlu and 5 yr pnuemonia

0 Kudos
jonimarie

indingrl yes there are those that have side effect. Thanks fro reminding us so

Legend

I am up to date on all of shots and I always get my flu shot the first week of Oct. I always make it a family thing for all of us to go together to get our flu shots. Years ago my niece and her husband came for thanksgiving at our house and I mentioned to her that we had gotten our flu shots and wondered if she had and she said no it made her sick so she was not getting it. That Dec my niece got the flu and just after New Year’s Day she died in the hospital from complications of the flu. My niece was a diabetic just like my son and I but she would not watch her diabetes or keep up on her shots so I do think vaccinations are very important to just go and get it done. Thanks for the reminder you might just have saved a life if we all get our shots when needed.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

What can I say, I'm older than you.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Flue Shot 2018 close.JPG  That's the reaction I had to last year's flu shot.  And I'm NOT allergic to eggs.  So I'm questioning how to approach it this year.  

This was my reaction to the pneumonia shot:  Pneumonia Vac Reaction3.JPG

I don't know.....

0 Kudos
Legend

Giulia   Whoa!!!  I don’t get rashes like you do but I do get very dizzy like the whole world is swishing around in my head after a flu shot so I take a Benadryl every 12 hours for at least 3 to 4 days just after my shot and then I don’t have those symptoms. I wonder if Benadryl would work for your rash I would ask your doctor maybe he would know and if he has something to stop your reaction. After I got my shingles shot it really hurt for 2 days I had to wrap my arm in an ace bandage so nothing rubbed against my arm like the bed sheet that really hurt but having the ace bandage on my arm made it all better.

0 Kudos

I would approach it with SOMEONE ELSE''S ARM.

I'm not fluing anywhere. If I do, I'll get it on the plane. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

I NEVER KNEW! Until after I was paralyzed - it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007 to 2019 I miss MY smile - I hate bells palsey and I HATE flu shots and all FLU shot side affects too!!!!!! I shall remain to pray for THAT DOCTOR in MY Lord Jesus name amen - gosh sometimes I have a hard time praying for MY ENEMIES - please I am talking about ME not any one else - thanks for letting ME VENT - grrrrrrrrrrr - this too shall pass- I pray for THAT DOCTOR to this DAY - only by MY God's grace  - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF over ME - gentle hug 

jonimarie

Oh No! Yes Virus do damage beyond once we feel well

0 Kudos
jonimarie

ha ha

0 Kudos