cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

cheri

COPD

I am so glad to see a COPD group the only other person I know close to me with COPD is my mother and she was told this last year and this is all new for her, she never smoked but her Mother and Brother did and My Dad before they devoriced after 20 years. I have had COPD for about 5 years not have had 1 hospital stay for pneumona and COPD excerbation a few years back. My husband and I quick smoking on 11/23/2008 12:00 am that morning. 1st try for him and 3rd for me.
  Thanks for the group sure needed it
  Happy Thanksgining to all
  Cheri
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
261 Replies

I'm looking forward to my One Year anniversary of both my diagnosis and my quit! As for my COPD I have been very proactive about it and I do believe that I have obtained very good results! It goes to show you that knowing is much much better than not knowing and taking action does pay off not just in stopping the progress of the disease which cannot be overestimated in its importance, but in creating a healthier environment overall in some ways, better than ever! There is life after diagnosis - abundant life - if you reach out and make it happen! It sure beats the alternative!

0 Kudos
chia

hi im chia (aka sharane) i went to hosp on valentines day night i knew when i smoke cigarette on way to hospital that i needed to quit because of my asthma and copd found out i have it all ephysemna,acute bronchitis asthma and sleep aphnea  i knew all this before i went  they just confirn it so they put patch on me i had really bad dreams with it and couldnt sleep so i thought well i quit 3 years ago with accunputer in ear but you got want to quit that lasted 7 weeks 2 days after my hysteromy i went back since october i been sick off and on with sinus infections my asthma and copd off and on antibotics and predisone so decided on feb.14,2013 i wanted to quit for sure i have use the e-cig 4x in the past 3 weeks dont know how bad that is but did calm me down from withdrawals but havent use it in 3 days i think im doing better not craving but still not breathing right and throat feels like it wants to close i cant get nothing done without stopping and resting  thank you for letting me vent i needed it

0 Kudos
mskim2016

I have the very early stages of emphysema. I found out 1/2/13. I quit cold turkey that day and did very well. For awhile. For four months. Then I smoked. And kept smoking until 11/2/13. Now I'm 9 days into another quit. 

I know smoking will make my illness progress much faster than it will if I don't smoke. I guess not having any symptoms makes it harder, even though I am so grateful I was diagnosed very early. 

I know smoking is bad, bad, bad. And I am doing everything I can to stay smoke free. It's a little easier now that nicotine is out of my system. I love that feeling!!

0 Kudos
renee95

You're doing the right thing to free yourself from Nicotine. C.O.P.D is worsened by smoking but I will never again have any thing to do with smoking. It's a lie I refuse to live any more. A lie that is killing me. Something I never needed to live but need to never again smoke to survive. I just have tried and tried to quit. Seven quits in all. This time is different. I want to survive like never before. 🙂  We can do this.

0 Kudos
renee95

My chest has really been hurting. Having a hard time with a cold. Thankful I am not smoking. I couldn't imagine how bad that would make me feel. Yay freedom. Breath right tea does make me feel tons better.

0 Kudos
renee95

Today I went to the doctor and was prescribed two new inhalers. My lungs are feeling better but need help to continue to repair themselves. I am seeing the prescriptions lessen it feels good. 

0 Kudos

Hi, Renee!

I didn't see this group until today. I'm glad you started it. The other COPD Group that I know about has been inactive for a long while.I'm having a bad breathing day today but it's my day off. I plan to rest up and take very good care of myself today so that hopefully I can avoid becoming sicker I've found that when I sleep well and eat right, I breathe better! I certainly hope so this time!

0 Kudos

Hello all, I was put in hospital yrs ago and told I had asthma they say I had it for long time and smoking made it worse took two more yrs to get it stable now I cont to struggle to quit smoking,  I'm four days quit and I feel a lot better when I don't smoke.
0 Kudos
charo-lynn

THOMAS,

ITS CHARO (SHARON)  77 days no cig-demon, today is the best day ever, went to beach , walked 30 minutes, did laundry , that needed done for weeks. have been sleeping, not so much wheezing, it has taken a long time to get rid of this excaberation. Thank you so much for all the things you and others say on here about COPD. You are an example as to what Jesus talks about, helping others.

With Gods Love, Charo (sharon wilder on Facebook jeffersonville) charo44@aol.com

p.s.

I read that a place in Orlando has been treating
COPD with Salt Room treatments. I looked it up on internet, have you ever heard of this?
I am only about 2 hours from orlando, but didn't want to try it and find out later it would be harmful. What is your take on this.??

0 Kudos