cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

PastTense

Allergies!

We had a lovely, lovely weekend here in rural Pennsylvania.  Not too hot, almost no humidity, and a soft breeze blowing in the opposite direction of the freshly fertilized fields to the east of us.  

I opened every window in the house to blow out the shut-in-for-the-entire-winter mustiness.  I love this time of year!

By Sunday morning, every surface in my house was covered in a dusting of yellow pollen.  The entire house needed to to be swept, dusted, or vacuumed.  I am having the worst allergy attack of my life.  I can't decide if it's connected to quitting smoking, or if just leaving the windows open was enough.  Could be a combo.  

Everything itches but I'm not smoking.

Keep the Quit
PT
Labels (1)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well responded and lost the post .. sorry bout the allergies . I can relate, but I've found wearing a mask helps a lot .  I have a machine as well that cuts down allergen  particles in my house . I've not had an asthma attack I'm sure because of the masks though more than anything . Hopefully things will improve soon . Lilacs are another that get me every season , sad as they are so pretty .

My poor granddog too suffers this time of year but we found the solution . She does pretty good now and without prescribed drugs . 

I feel for you . I do hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the great outdoors l try the mask ?

0 Kudos
PastTense

We didn't get to the Warhol in our limited time to visit.  I hope to get back up there for a visit as soon as COVID is under control.  I don't usually geek out over art museums.  I admit, I am just not sophisticated enough.  I like history and industry and science.  I didn't get to the Science Center, either!

Keep the Quit
PT
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I loved the Carnegie Science Center.  In addiction to the exhibitions, we went to a laser show of Beatle's music and a planetarium astronomy show (I remember those from my childhood from the old Buhl Planetarium).

And going through the USS Requiem submarine is a fascinating experience.

Hope you get to visit soon.

Barb

0 Kudos