cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Rooting plants

My Ex, friend Pat aka :. IrishRose sent me this beautiful Oregano plant last year and I am rooting it now to get more and keep it going. I have all sorts of things started now. Forsythia, roses, lilacs, celery, lemon,spinach...etc....in the toilet rolls I have all kinds of stuff started from seeds from peppers to cutting flowers. I have stuff all over the house getting them seeded or ready to transplant later outside. I never use rooting compound cause I never have luck with it....so far everything’s rooting though, Happy Gardening! Below you can see my winter garlic has come up and will be ready to harvest in late June.:)

6CE0899C-C0C0-4529-A19F-5FE377AA8522.jpeg

FCC8C1F2-4D65-480C-B9A0-5E3E84260542.jpeg629D08A6-E9BB-434A-8160-3DEDF0B7B639.jpeg0E09FA5F-5628-47AC-8585-DD31CFD983E4.jpeg9671AFBA-2D4D-4C54-8F1B-CB9100AC094B.jpegD34B4EA4-CBB8-472E-92AE-44EEBD67CB90.jpeg7BB9C020-94EF-4727-AF91-EF5E4168DBD6.jpeg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
49 Replies
KMC56

..actually, and sadly.. how true YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Mandolinrain‌ and YoungAtHeart‌ , you both just reminded me of something.  I wanted to find a lilac bush, but I do not know if they can handle the heat of SC.  I remember the scent of one in New York when I was a little kid.  I need to check into that, because I really want that scent in my yard if it is doable.  

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Did you try a google search on it for that area? I bet your okay, they are pretty strong plants and rather inexpensive, so you dont have much to loose

0 Kudos
IrishRose

Mandolinrain‌ , yep, and got bummed out.  Seems like I would have to live in North Carolina.  That is the cut-off point.  Seems like it does not stay cold long enough in Zone 8 (the one I am in).  In the Southern Living website, it says you can grow one in SC, but it does not have a scent, only the beautiful flower.  Well, I want to smell the dang thing.  That is why I love lilacs so much, the smell is so beautiful.  < sigh >  

0 Kudos
IrishRose

I love your little mini greenhouses.  hahahaha  You are addicted to the plants like I am.  hahahaha

IrishRose

Dean started the tiller up this year to make me smile, and on February 14th, we planted red potatoes.  You have to plant potatoes on Valentine's Day, as that is the Southern Farmer's rule of thumb for potatoes.  They still have some more time left to grow, but this is what they look like now...

DSCN2052.JPG

And, this guy is eating the ladybugs - UGH!!!

DSCN2045.JPG

Mandolinrain

WOW they look amazing! Heres a fun story you will like..... When Pete and I moved into our first house back in 1980 I wanted a garden and we had a half acre lot so I had my first garden. I planted potatoes and all year I waited and waited. No potatoes.

Then spring of 1981 I was out tilling the garden....wella! There were gobs of potatoes in the ground, all rotted, lol. Who knew? hahahahahahahaha...I WAS that dumb!

YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
IrishRose

hahahahahahahahahaha

indingrl

Cool looks good - seed on - gentle hug.