cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denise_60

disabled bodies

Jump to solution

HI everyone, My husband and I are both disabled and exercise is about like quitting smoking.  We have a hard time moving about when not necessary though we want to get started. Maybe some we can do in a chair and my doctor wants me to walk some.

I am already overweight and have diabetes. We need a real life change and we are going to do better, I know it in my heart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maki

You may find the get moving group helpful for you . We all come together to move as best we can . It's not structured by any means but it's motivational and encouraging and just encourages us to move the best we can at our own pace , with what works for us as an individual . 

You may be interested in checking it out and reading back posts to get an idea if something like that may be of interest and helpful to you . 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maki

You may find the get moving group helpful for you . We all come together to move as best we can . It's not structured by any means but it's motivational and encouraging and just encourages us to move the best we can at our own pace , with what works for us as an individual . 

You may be interested in checking it out and reading back posts to get an idea if something like that may be of interest and helpful to you . 

Denise_60

Thank you.

JACKIE1-25-15

I m involved in this program.  It may seem boring but have been very helpful for me.  You can do some of the exercises sitting. https://www.parcilab.org/lift

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's Get Moving Part 3 is the 'group' mentioned above for anyone who comes to this topic.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
TBDDAJ

I also am disabled and have limited mobility with out tremendous back and neck pain. Have tried walking at the mall a few times and that worked out for awhile. I hope I can get back to it.

0 Kudos