cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisbcreme

Quit date Dec 15 2023

Jump to solution

My quit day is the 15 Dec 2023.  I’ve realised that quitting smoking is the hardest addiction ive ever tried to fight besides drinking.  I’ve been smoking since 2018.  I’ve been exercising at the gym but to fight cravings I’d have to walk every 15 minutes because that’s usually how often I smoke.  Any suggestions or quit tip advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giulia

How's it going?  Did you make it through the day?  There are so many quit tips on this site I can't begin to illuminate just one.  I thought there was a specific place or a blog about tips and tricks, but I can't locate it.  Perhaps someone else will provide the link?   This link may help  Beat Your Tobacco Triggers | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX

And a blog I wrote might help also:   Quitting is a Skill that CAN be Learned - EX Community (becomeanex.org)

If you didn't make it through the day - don't give up.  Just begin again and continue to educate yourself and figure out how to do this.  It's possible.  But it takes work and dedication.  

Most of us with long-term successful quits had many start-overs.  Persevere, commit, and you can find the freedom you want.  You willing to work at it? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
biscuit9

It is a tough addiction to overcome, for most of us.  So have your tools ready (hard candy, twizzlers, straws, etc.).   I also did a good bit of walking in the beginning and that is ok....anything but smoke.  It's a nasty addiction and I hope you get rid of it.  I also wrote out my feelings ALOT, cos it helped.  Be committed!

zipzap500

Lots of candy helps.

0 Kudos
Tomuch101

I'm 58 years old, I started trying to quit when I was twenty. When I tried to quit cold turkey without nrt day 1 was the easiest and it just got harder. With Patches day 1 was the worst and it just got easier with each day. Be 100% sure you want to quit. If you leave the door open even a crack the cravings will get in and win.

zipzap500

How old are you? I probably smoke and drank for over 40 years. I was just having fun but my heart wasn't. 61 and I had a heartattack. Been dry since 10/2/2023. Give er hell.You can quit too.

0 Kudos
zipzap500

Doctor gave me patches but you know what? I didn't use them. Heartattack was enough to make me stop.

0 Kudos
Giulia

How's it going?  Did you make it through the day?  There are so many quit tips on this site I can't begin to illuminate just one.  I thought there was a specific place or a blog about tips and tricks, but I can't locate it.  Perhaps someone else will provide the link?   This link may help  Beat Your Tobacco Triggers | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX

And a blog I wrote might help also:   Quitting is a Skill that CAN be Learned - EX Community (becomeanex.org)

If you didn't make it through the day - don't give up.  Just begin again and continue to educate yourself and figure out how to do this.  It's possible.  But it takes work and dedication.  

Most of us with long-term successful quits had many start-overs.  Persevere, commit, and you can find the freedom you want.  You willing to work at it? 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Chrisbcreme   Congrats on your first day won.  That's fabulous.

It's not to late to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

I used walking the same way.  I'd walk out the door and go for few blocks throughout the day.  It's a great way to refocus your thoughts and to get an added boost of dopamine that's lost when quitting.  And don't forget to use deep breathing exercises.  It really works.Barbscloud_4-1677087570306.gif

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Chrisbcreme

I had to reset my quit date for today the 23rd.  I posted my pledge for the day.

Barbscloud

@Chrisbcreme  Congrats on your quit today.  No problem resetting your quit date.  You know when you're ready, so it's better to be prepared.

I've seen you on the Pledge.  I'm happy you joined us there.  It's great way to keep yourself accountable to yourself.

Let us know how you do today.

Barb

0 Kudos