cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssloan84

Is this group active?

Jump to solution

Hello all! I was just looking for some ideas to do that assist with the restlessness. It might be me but I'm not seeing recent posts. I officially stopped smoking on 7/27. I was not very active prior to stopping but I've switched to healthier habits and getting active again. I've started doing yoga again and looking for other ideas to stay busy. I do love in a rural area. Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
16 Replies
Barbscloud
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ssloan84 ! As @Barbscloud mentioned, the Let's Get Moving thread is hugely popular, but if you've got another direction for topics here, I'll do my best to see that it gets visibility. My wife and I take a lot of beach walks - we live on the shores of Lake Michigan and get to enjoy sights like this one... 

IMG_9289.jpeg

It would be amazing to see photographs from other people's walks out in nature here!

Todd

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@CommunityAdmin Todd, I'm jealous! 

Some on  Let's Get Moving post photos frequently.

Barb

ssloan84

@CommunityAdmin ahh those are great walks. I live on a farm in the country of Kansas, beautiful but bug filled lol. I'll have to get you mu.next morning sunrise yoga photo. 

RainbowHeart

Hi @ssloan84 , I love yoga, been practicing for decades now. Do you do yours outdoors? How amazing that would be. I live in a fairly large city, in an apartment. With not so much as a park within half a mile or so. But I do have a real living room for the first time in 10 years, so I purposely left enough space for yoga. I look forward to your photo. 🙂

Barbscloud

@ssloan84 Thinking about you.  How are you doing with your quit?

Barb

ssloan84

I've been doing really well. Some strong cravings but I've been strong. There have been some serious lazy days and some hyper active days. I've been doing yoga and meditation for my headspace. Thank you for the concern but I've been doing well. Smoke free for 10 days. 

Barbscloud

@ssloan84 They do describe quitting as an emotional roller coaster--lots of ups and down. 

Sounds like you're doing great with your quit.  Congrats on 10 days.  That first week smoke free is a real milestone to celebrate.

Glad you stopped by with an update.

Barbscloud_3-1675008792660.jpeg

Barb

ssloan84

Thank you! It feels good! I even walked thru a cloud of second hand smoke on my way into a Casey's (midwest gas station with good pizza) and it honestly disguisted me. I felt like a week without smoking deserved a nice treat of some pizza and soda. I've changed my diet and exploring what I do and don't like as a non smoker. It's sad to admit that I love fruits and veggies now. I use to mainly eat fried and processed food. Is there a foodie page here? I've been exploring new recipes. I feel bad for my husband because he's been having a lot of sweet cravings and we don't have the normal junk in the house. I'm so proud of him, he's also a week smoke free. Although, he's smoked a pipe twice and using nicotine gum, I'm still really proud of him. 

I did find a gym locally. It's actually the County community center. I don't want to lock into a membership bc well most gyms annoy me. This is nice though bc there's everything you need in a smaller area. Plus, there's generally only senior citizens there when I'm working out. They generally leave me alone unless they want someone to talk to. People generally tell me their life story for some reason but that's why I worked in mental.health for so long. I hope you've had an amazing weekend. I'll check in more regularly. Tomorrow I'm starting a new humane society volunteer at the local shelter. My hubs is nervous bc we already have 5 dogs, 2 pet cats, several strays and livestock....