cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,112 Replies
Giulia

GyorgyiM‌  "SITTING IS THE NEW SMOKING!!"  You got that right!  Good for you for the walking.

kristen-9.7.15‌  Well I sure hoped so!

indingrl

Thank you for inviting ME MY beloved Lady G

0 Kudos
indingrl

Leslie Sansone and her dvd walk at hone she is MY walk coach since oct 2010 - to present time - TODAY -  still walking with her daily- TODAY -  SUPER CHALLENGE -  SUPER FAST MILE TO UP MY METABOLISM - up at  4AM most days - YAHOOOOOOOOO EVERYDAY -  NOT TODAY I woke up at 6am TODAY - accomplished a SUPER METABOLISM aerobic 1 mile - done and later on Bowflex machine at home my hubby and I do -  3x a week 20 minutes - for 4 YEARS -  yahoooooo WE are getting stronger doing OUR part and for ME in MY Lord Jesus faith in ME -  I pray or I would NOT DO NOTHING!!!!!please I am talking about ME not ANYONE else - please take what  HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you - WE - my husband and I - Thank God for God's grace to keep us each focused individually on our own selves - I keep focused on ME by prayer and keep moving and working  on MY 215 pounds -  no matter what I FEEL - feelings come and go - I just move MY body and leave MY hubby in God's care and OUR outcomes in God's hands - I just NOW went from a size 18 to size 16 in one month- eat less!!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you for sharing. 

indingrl

You are most welcome MY beloved sister Jackie thanks for being a good motivator and encourager to ME 

YoungAtHeart

Good news!  Good news!  Good news!

(following some bad news)

Welp, I tripped over the d@mn boot and fell yesterday, hyperextending the big toe on my GOOD foot.  Spent a sleepless night visualizing another broken bone and trying to survive with TWO boots.  Did not want to go to an ortho place, but decided this morning that it was the least evil of that or giving myself a stroke from a nonstop panic attack!  

The GOOD news is that not only did I not break anything, but the ortho volunteered to x-ray the boot foot and found that either 1) it was never broken, or 2) a hairline had healed in the 3 1/2 weeks in the boot. 

I CAN TAKE THE BOOT OFF!  I CAN TAKE THE BOOT OFF!

I will be moving (gingerly and carefully)!!

Color me HAPPY!

(Still will have to take it a bit easy until the foot adjusts to flexing again - but........THE BOOT IS OFF!)

Maki

@YoungAtHeart  Yay the boot is off . 

0 Kudos
virgomama

Good job!!!!.  You've inspired me to up my walking and get a little more competitive with myself. I try to walk 20 minutes a day.  But don't really push myself.  I just mozy along looking at the scenery.  Maybe I'll try for more distance and speed in my 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
Giulia

I'm all for inspiring more competition within ourselves.  It boosts our egos AND our dopamine!

Christine13

Yes, want to join you.  I have a lot of weight on me, but I can walk, walk, walk!!  Such a great post!!

For now I can only do a half hour per day.