cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,279 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

G morning . Moving early this morning . Legs are feeling weaker every day . You lose it so fast so keep moving . 

I'm thinking of treating myself with a Christmas present this Christmas . Elliptical or treadmill . What do you think ? Anyone have experience with both ? Nothing hi tech , a simple manual will do it . Living in cold country , unable to get out often or far and small living quarters doesn't give me enough Excersise or strength building . I'm not willing to lose what I got built up over the summer , especially my lung function . Today I will commit to doing some dance fitness , ( thanks Jackie btw for the tune ) . I felt better yesterday forcing myself to get up and move . Doing some vacuuming , washing floors was intended , but the excersise was what I needed more l Cold more winter temps and snow forecasted for next week .. I look forward to shovelling again and of course the crisp fresh air . Lock down begins Sunday for a month here except for the absolute necessity reasons and sure enough I feel s dentist may be in order . Have a good day everyone . 

JACKIE1-25-15

You are doing great. Keep MOVING.

JACKIE1-25-15

SootiepastedImage_1.jpg 

Well MOVERS today we will have the high of 66 degrees.  So you know where I will be MOVING to.  No not fishing...  Working in the yard and garden. I still have more leaves to rake and the cabbage plants need thinning.  There is a thick pile of leaves under the trees on the side yard and there is nowhere to blow them so I have to rake and bag them . I am trying to get it neat and tidy for the holidays.  I plan on doing the backyard firepit at night if the weather permits during the holidays.  I may be able to get my son to celebrate outdoors with me.  We are not on lockdown but a curfew  It won't affect me.  I am never out after midnight unless it is an emergency.  I am on my second pot of coffee.  Got to get MOVING.  Talk with you later.

YoungAtHeart

JACKIE1-25-15     NOW would be a good time for a fire pit - but, alas, I was not expecting a PANDEMIC to make outdoor winter visiting a must.  I am hoping that Christmas will be on the milder side and I can celebrate with my girls on my front porch in the sun if it is sunny, too!  If not, then maybe the first sunny weekend day that is close to that date.  At least they aren't munchkins that will be disappointed if we don't celebrate on THE date!  Wish I had planned better and had their gifts sent directly to them - but I just wasn't THINKING!

I am going to work on some of the gifts I am making early today,  then having a walking visit with a neighbor later.  Milder here today, too - loving it!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Sometimes this MOVING thing can beat you up.  I raked and bagged up 5 large leaf bags, chopped some brush to get to the grapevines.  I pulled enough vine to make a large wreath.  Taking a break. Keep MOVING ya'll

indingrl

Thank you for moving with ME - walking the mall with MY daughter as she Christmas shopped

YoungAtHeart

JACKIE1-25-15      Can't WAIT to see your decorated wreath!  I made them in all sizes and keep a supply to decorate and give as gifts.  They are just GREAT as the bones for lots of different kinds of decoration - or even with just a bow.  Enjoy the fruits of your labors!!!

My walk today ended up being 45 minutes and I am happy with that!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You gals are all so talented and creative and you all are definitely moving . I did a little , not a lot , but still it was some and better than none lol . I must do better tomorrow . Good grief my get up and go , got up and went somewhere without Me! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's get moving no 4 better health 

Moving to quit smoking
Moving to be positive
Moving to walk , to excersise , to be moving to others , to encourage others to support and uplift others especially during these times where contact is not possible when socializing together in person isn't safe .
I'm feeling it . I'm not even quite on day 1 lock down yet and wonder if I can make it to day 2 . Certainly I can't foresee a future of 30'days like this , remaining healthy and maintaining physical or emotional strength . All the excersise in the world won't give me the strength I need to endure the long haul ,not without a kind word ,not without a phone call, not without encouragement or shred of hope unless I exercise acceptance and contentment too . It is what it is . I am alone yet not alone . I have no one but I have my higher power who will never leave nor forsake me . He is the almighty comforter and encourager ! 

It is always so encouraging here . Although I walk alone in the physical world , I feel your presence and encouragement cheering me on as I struggle these days  . I have felt that although I walk alone , I'm not alone ,  we are chatting together , you sharing your day mine , mine , making the journey not lonely at all . I listen as you share your talents , your dreams and your struggles knowing I am not alone . 

Today I will be trying to move , honestly, I'm struggling to feel motivated or feel encouraged  . I'll be looking for sales on treadmills or ellipticals and ordering some gift baskets to be delivered to family . Keep moving 4 ......  better health . Have an awesome day everyone , can't wait to see your pictures . 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Free Heart Hug Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on Clipart  Library

0 Kudos